Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wikia page  (Read 2060 times)

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
Re: Wikia page
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 11:03:00 am »

I am admin on Wikipedia so I can help keep it from being deleted as non-notable-vanity-advertise-spam  :)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 11:14:00 am »

Even assuming we could somehow finesse them into letting us keep a page on Dwarf Fortress itself, I really doubt we could convince anyone to let us keep a guide there...  the policies are pretty clear about not allowing that.  And people would probably complain if you swept in and closed every Dwarf Fortress related AFD as 'keep' without bothering to read the votes.  Er, the not-votes.  Whatever they're called today.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 12:06:00 pm »

No, the guide certainly should not be on Wikipedia. I think Gameinfo wiki would do for now. Roguebasin seems like a wrong choice, because it's about roguelike development, not how to play stuff.

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 02:22:00 pm »

quote:
Do roguelike people play this game? Is it roguelike?

Are these rhetorical questions?    :p

[ August 15, 2006: Message edited by: Beowulf ]

warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »

HEhe he, yeah kind of.  But I don't want to start one of those "what is a roguelike?" threads, unless people want to spin their wheels for no damn reason.  Which I guess we're all doing anyway, some of us at work, he he h...

Anyway, it all comes down to what you decide.  If you want to do it on gameinfo, that's cool.  Elsewhere cool, too.  Here...  I dunno.  I hit 3000+ sessions, 100000+ hits for the first time yesterday, and maybe increasing my load is starting to be bad, and having everybody download a direct version everyday is also bad, since the DL numbers are getting closer to 4 digits now.  It won't break this month, but if next month remained at this level through the whole month, I'd be pushing my limit.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 11:41:00 pm »

Saw this link on the Something Awful forums:
http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Main_Page

Seems pretty helpful.   :)

Edit: tpyos, yuck!

[ August 16, 2006: Message edited by: Solara ]

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 11:54:00 pm »

Annnd, here's another one:
http://dwarffortress.elwiki.com/Fortress_Building_mode

It might be a good idea for everyone to get together and combine their efforts on one wiki. There's so much information that needs to be added as it is that it doesn't really help to scatter it farther.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 12:23:00 am »

All of the above are still GNU FDL, so we can copy things between them as needed as long as the edit summary lists where it's being copied from (to satisfy GNU FDL attribution requirements), but we should probably decide on one place and stick with it...

At the very least I suppose it ought to be one of the dedicated Dwarf Fortress wikis. There would be lots of advantages to that...  we could create our own categories as much as we want, for instance, while people on a more general Wiki would probably protest if we created a category for each type of thing in Dwarf Fortress.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]