Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Center of Raw !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 743 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Dwarven Center of Raw !!SCIENCE!!
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:58:35 pm »

I was hoping to start a collection of what you learned about testing and plugging in numbers at the raw level.  Mostly things like:  what max edge/shear fracture should I make teeth to tear through Iron but not steel? 

or:

At what level is lung impairment lethal to a dwarf?

or even:

How thick should I make my super cave spiders chitin to withstand a punch to the head(it keeps tearing the brain!)

To start:  6% lung incapacity is lethal even over 1 time unit.

upwards of 2500 max-edge and 150000 shear fracture will pierce iron often enough.

I gave my monster 600 relsize and things will occasionally shatter the muscle underneath.  His total body relsize is 3000 because he is a ball.

Edit

Imeant punch through steel...  not iron.  my apologies.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:54:52 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Center of Raw !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »

Hmm... considering the way the numbers work, I'd say that you can't have it rip through steel and not iron. Iron is just stronger.

Lung impairment's lethalness would depend on the size of the creature that's attacking; if it's an interaction, then we could do tests.

Thickness doesn't do what you think; RELATIVE_THICKNESS is just that, relative. If CHITIN is 2,000,000 and MUSCLE is also 2,000,000, it would be the same as if CHITIN was 1 and MUSCLE was 1 (assuming that it's only CHITIN and MUSCLE).