Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Demonic Ghost Short Sword?  (Read 4479 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Demonic Ghost Short Sword?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »

This may be the most powerful or least powerful sword ever. Either way a sword made out of a ghost is awesome so you still win.

Bets on if the fact that it's made of something that can go trhough walls makes it have no effect or completely penetrate armor. :D

If this isn't legit it needs to be MADE legit. I want this to happen.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 06:11:50 pm »

This may be the most powerful or least powerful sword ever. Either way a sword made out of a ghost is awesome so you still win.

Bets on if the fact that it's made of something that can go trhough walls makes it have no effect or completely penetrate armor. :D

If this isn't legit it needs to be MADE legit. I want this to happen.

It is legit, I only got it towards the end of a tantrum Spiral because of goblin invaders
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »

This has been reported for fell moods but not macabre.  However, due to the difficulty in recreating the process, there has been little !!!SCIENCE!!! performed on this topic

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 06:46:57 pm »

Notice, !!!SCIENCE!!! cannot be preformed because a kobold thief just stole it and is now trapped in a cage

Edit: After more complications !!!SCIENCE!!! may never be Preformed due to multiple Sieges.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:55:42 pm by Hurize »
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

Urist McGhost:  I am here to haunt you because you have forsaken my body in death!
Urist McUnhappy:  Must murder dwarf...need dwarf pieces...dwarfy pieces make good crafts...*sees ghost, grabs it and starts walking*
Urist McGhost:  Hey!  Let me go!  Uh, what is that knife for?!?  NOOOO, you can't kill me twice! Ahhhh!!
Urist McUnhappy:  *works furiously* Pretty ghost sword...ghost pieces make good craft...murderous ghosty sword finished!
Urist McBystander:  *Starts singing ghost buster theme*

Edit:  You could always try to find the sword in adventure mode, but it would probably be near impossible if it gets carried to a random kobold cave.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:05:20 pm by Flying Fortress »
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 07:06:05 pm »

How'd you manage to cage the kobold?  Removed [TRAPAVOID]?

In any case, it should still show up in stocks and the artifact list if the kobold's still on the map, unless I'm mistaken.  You may also be able to use the disarming trick to recover it from of him without uncaging him.

Although I suppose you could just bring up the artifact list and take a screencap from its entry there.

If you somehow lose the kobold and he runs off the map with it, you can always go into Legends and check out the entry there.

mr_coolface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 08:02:41 pm »

In any case, it should still show up in stocks and the artifact list if the kobold's still on the map, unless I'm mistaken.  You may also be able to use the disarming trick to recover it from of him without uncaging him.

Although I suppose you could just bring up the artifact list and take a screencap from its entry there.

If you somehow lose the kobold and he runs off the map with it, you can always go into Legends and check out the entry there.

I think its a classic case of never happened.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »

Notice, !!!SCIENCE!!! cannot be preformed because a kobold thief just stole it and is now trapped in a cage

Damnit Griguylsyh! I TOLD YOU TO GET IN, AND GET OUT!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:47 pm »

No, my hammerdwarf stunned him and he fell onto the trap, turning his trapavoid off

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 09:20:31 pm »

Yeh I've seen that happen...heck I've had to pull my own dwarves out of my cage traps a few times because they fainted on one from a broken bone or something.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 09:44:17 pm »

Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)

Unusual font noticed in screenshot. Matches sample on mod's front page.

It is ~80% likely that the OP is using the masterwork mod and that this is a feature/bug specific to that mod, also given the modded kobolds.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:15 pm »

It is ~80% likely that the OP is using the masterwork mod and that this is a feature/bug specific to that mod, also given the modded kobolds.

Yes, I do use Masterwork mod. To increase the difficulty.

But in no way does it affect the kobolds TrapAvoid

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »

Yes, I do use Masterwork mod. To increase the difficulty.

But in no way does it affect the kobolds TrapAvoid
Except the important part is "does it affect using ghosts in a mood".

If you keep going around in little circles we'll never get anywhere fun.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 11:17:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure ghosts are completely hardcoded.
Pages: 1 [2]