Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Injured Migrant, 1st wave.  (Read 1016 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Injured Migrant, 1st wave.
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:58:14 am »

So, one of the migrants that arrived to my fort, in the first wave, is BRUISED ALL OVER, EVERYTHING IS BRUISED(except his upper body oddly), and his right leg is missing.

I just thought it funny that he was a great bone carver and pondered if he used it to become so great at bone carving.

Does this happen a lot, or did i just luck out.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
Re: Injured Migrant, 1st wave.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:01:09 am »

He might be a survivor from a previous fort of yours.  They arrive with all the conditions they had when you abandoned.  If you're in the same general area they'll show up occasionally.  Same with retired adventurers of yours, IIRC. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:21:08 am »

I don't believe so, new world, new fort, new everything.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 01:24:40 am »

Look him up in legends.  Could he have had some funkafied fight?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:24:48 am »

Then it's stuff randomly done to him during world gen.  Don't see it happen often with dwarves myself, but occasionally a (semi)megabeast will just drop dead the second he comes onto the map from wounds accumulated.  Check him out in legends, and take a look at his kill list.  Probably got mixed up in something nasty in the Age of Myth =p
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:35:34 am »

now you have to tell us...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 01:46:40 am »

Well, that would explain it, the world is still in the second age of myth.

Turns out Stukos Quakebronze had a run in with a Minotaur called "Nolthag Callknot, the Dutiful Blaze" and managed to get his leg ripped off and still escaped, nothing about how he is bruised all over ( Seriously, pretty much everything that can be damaged has been damaged.), his sad fate is now he is just lying down on the ground at the side of the embark after being stepped on by all the other migrants.

Anything I can do to fix him (other than killing him of course, or applying liberal amounts of magma.)

Nolthag the minotaur seems to be an enemy of every single civilization, has 26 kills to her name, although most of her perusers/victims have escaped.
---

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 01:52:15 am »

If you have a hospital, they can splint his bones, give him a crutch, and let him heal.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 03:29:57 am »

Well, that would explain it, the world is still in the second age of myth.

Turns out Stukos Quakebronze had a run in with a Minotaur called "Nolthag Callknot, the Dutiful Blaze" and managed to get his leg ripped off and still escaped, nothing about how he is bruised all over ( Seriously, pretty much everything that can be damaged has been damaged.), his sad fate is now he is just lying down on the ground at the side of the embark after being stepped on by all the other migrants.

Anything I can do to fix him (other than killing him of course, or applying liberal amounts of magma.)

Nolthag the minotaur seems to be an enemy of every single civilization, has 26 kills to her name, although most of her perusers/victims have escaped.

they don't show the whole fight, so he probably got beaten up a bit more before he lost his leg. As to getting him treated, he'll have to be knocked unconcious. Try makin an artificial cave in and hope the cave-in dust will knock him unconcious
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 11:47:41 am »

I'm picturing him saying "you should have seen the other guy" as you check his health tab.