Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disarming caged prisoners?  (Read 801 times)

Frag_Dad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disarming caged prisoners?
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »

I've run into a bit of trouble when trying to disarm prisoners. I've followed the wiki guide - have caged goblins, have a garbage dump, but if I mass-designate the cages to be dumped and then deselect dumping on the cages (as described on the wiki) nothing happens at all.

I also tried building the cages before designating the dumping, but that's not working either.

My animal stockpile is outside, but I definitely have gather refuse from outside turned on.

Any help would be appreciated!
..........., Recruit, has been struck down  x20

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disarming caged prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:41 pm »

It might be the cages themselves. I make a 'j' prison of one cage, have the goblins hauled into the jail and mass 'd'ump that prison square then un'D'ump the jail cell. Things get hauled over in a few moments. I also have a pen next to the jail cell so once they are unarmed and stripped of armor i can order my military to kill everything in that one spot then assign the goblins to the pen just outside. They are dispatched in short order. Just be sure the goblins are unarmored or they might put up a bit of a fight while other dwarves yank out even more goblins. And go slow with trolls or other larger beasts. One or two at a time. I havent had much troubles this way and its training for the military.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 02:49:52 am »

Maybe you forgot to reclaim the items. You shouldn't have to "build" any cages. You can do it in the stockpile. But you have to "reclaim" or unforbid (d-b-c) all the gear on your baddies first.

Frag_Dad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 09:45:56 am »

Ugh. You're absolutely right - I hadn't reclaimed the area. Thanks for that - I was obviously up too late last night!
..........., Recruit, has been struck down  x20