Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 100 mounted goblins. Consider me scared.  (Read 1672 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
100 mounted goblins. Consider me scared.
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »

So yeah. Biggest god damn vile force of FUN I have ever seen. Halp  :-[

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: 100 mounted goblins. Consider me scared.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:46 pm »

I had that once. The leader came along as well. It was nasty.

Do you have traps? how many? What are your military assets? Liabilities? Do you have Dogs? Outdoor dwarfs? Socks?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

I have about 12 stonefall traps, as well as about 15 weapon traps. As far as military assets go, have have thirty odd dwarves who are all at least High Master In combat related skills. Dog swarm has been released, and the hunters skirmished with the enemy as they retreated. No Socks. So far, despite using bronze equipment, the swordmasters have chopped through the goblin warbeasts like butter.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:28:45 pm »

Have you considered flooding your base with magma before the goblins get in?

It's like mass, involuntary seppuku.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »

The Glory device is on standby, just in case. The dogs valiantly gave their lives to allow the fortress guard to assemble, and the Steel axes might as well have been forged from coherent light. I alos learned from the combat logs that Voracious Cave Crawlers do not have a skull, so they keep dying to a punch to the face.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:43:23 pm »

Meanwhile, In adventure mode, I have often puched a guys skull open right out of spawn.

Every fort has a Self-destruct mechanism. Mine doesn't have a name, But it should. It also needs more work, cause right now it doesn't destroy the whole fort as it should, just the mayors office and things on and below the bedrooms.

So, it sounds like your doing good right now, how many squads have engaged your forces? can we have a pic?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 11:00:48 pm »

3 squads have engaged. Despite overhwelming numerical superiority, we have steel. Here is a few pix of the carnage:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarves have one setting: Liquify.

EDIT: The mayor has started a victory party.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:04:59 pm by Wrex »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »

Is there any chance of them gobbos getting past that trap hall? cause if so, you need a military to assembe there to catch them off guard. Thats Why you should always have a small, unused militia squad, with miners or stuff, to annhilate any that enter the fort.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:18:13 pm »

Meanwhile, In adventure mode, I have often puched a guys skull open right out of spawn.

Every fort has a Self-destruct mechanism. Mine doesn't have a name, But it should. It also needs more work, cause right now it doesn't destroy the whole fort as it should, just the mayors office and things on and below the bedrooms.

So, it sounds like your doing good right now, how many squads have engaged your forces? can we have a pic?

I think I need to get me a selfdestruct mechanism then... The one major thing it's lacking. Would booze spread evenly over the entire fortress, ready to be lit alight causing a massive chain reaction to burn everything suffice?

In relation to the OT, I've had similar before. Just gave me plenty for my archers too shoot at in a pit. God I love cage traps
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:24:41 pm »

Boozeplosions don't work anymore. Alcohol just kind of simmers slowly (which could still work, but eh).

Now I feel lame, because the closest thing I have to a self-destruct device is a tile that can be mined out to flood my fortress.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

I have my bioweapons aquifer, which would cause a slow, lingering death to everything via airborne syndromes.

Also, even though the gobbo's can get past it rather easily, that is where I station the sworddwarves :p

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 11:36:53 pm »

Oh good for you. I plan on unlleashing the forces of the river and (eventually) the magma resevoir on my fort. Parts will have obsidian, others will have water, and theres the magma. ha, what where we talking about again?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Sacrifices for Armok?

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 11:57:13 pm »

the first sacrifice shall be the axlord that killed the troll (in the pics)
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:08 am »

My own self defense mech. is a major river. I dammed it up and added small pumps to pump the water up a block, added floodgates to the sides of the (up-risen?) river. So whenever a large siege comes along they fear the great flood of armok due to water pressure that come up with a decade of pumping
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Pages: [1] 2