Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Statures of Adventurers?  (Read 1207 times)

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
Statures of Adventurers?
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

Does Height/Weight have any affect on your combat?

I have a Nord Axedwarf Adventurer (Genesis mod) Who is described as Very Tall, Incredibly Muscular and Very Fat. He is so big he can hold a great axe in one hand and so strong when he throws... orks for example, they fly about 3 tiles away.

If I had a very short adventurer who is still Incredibly Muscular and Very Fat, would he produce the same results?
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Statures of Adventurers?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:11:46 am »

Size does.  is he average size?  than he recieves no bonuses that a bulemic supermodel of his race/caste would not, provided she was equally skilled.  Variance tokens in the raws produce those differences in the description page, and they do not affect combat.

and you spelled alestorm wrong.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:36 am »

Size does.  is he average size?  than he recieves no bonuses that a bulemic supermodel of his race/caste would not, provided she was equally skilled.  Variance tokens in the raws produce those differences in the description page, and they do not affect combat.

and you spelled alestorm wrong.

I know, I wanted to smash myself in the nose when I saw.

And he is "Very Large for a Nord"
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:25:05 am »

Than he is as big as the size varience allows him to be.  This very large means he is probably the highest number available.  The advantage is he keeps his str while gainng mass.  A dorf is actually stronger per pound than a human, but because he is smaller he is unable to gain a true advantage...  if he were the size of a hume AND as stronger he would tend to win.

---
but to state: although I cannot say with complete certainty, nothing on the description page affects gameplay.  all that injury and likes and attributes are available elsewhere as well and appearance descripters are for your benefit only.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:28:07 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!