Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread  (Read 12925 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2012, 08:56:04 pm »

Well, I was there the whole time. Also, I'll work on the reason my character was inside the cave.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:56 pm »

No changes to my inventory yet.

@Tar: To beat the Evulz? :P

Also, level up! Recording this in case I ever get called on it, and for my own records.

Kathryn rises to Level 2!

LEVEL-UP ADJUSTMENTS
Leveling in Battle Sorcerer [2]
Gained +1 Bab (now at +1)
+3 Will Save Max
1d8+2 HP
3 Skill points (1 into Intimidate, 2 into Bluff [Multiclass])
Feat Retrain: Improved Initiative to Force of Personality
+1 Spell Slot Lv. 0
+1 Spell Slot Lv. 1
Learned New Spell: Light

Following the days after the Goblin cave, Kathryns magical and martial studies continued to improve, and she mastered the Light Cantrip after only a little practice, and earned some hard won combat lessons, after more than a few bruises and burns from the battle.

Kathryn would spend her spare time during this period in profound self reflection, trying to understand her future, and the strange dreams and prophetic visions she was having-while Kathryn lost a bit of her former initiative, her Willpower and self confidence seemed to grow in spades. It also helped she had a new sparring partner-both blade and snark would dart between them often enough in the weeks to come...

Upon returning to civilization, Kathryn Du'Some was recognized for her good judgement by the Raven Council for facing the Goblin Threat and beginning to fulfill the destiny they had cast for her-she was given minor accolades, and free reign to continue adventuring with the group she had found herself traveling with.

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-adventurer--54/force-of-personality--1175/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:39:40 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:36 pm »

You guys ain't back yet. Expect bandits.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

@Scelly/Well, this is a handwave RP to how I'll somehow gain these powers in the game second between last session and next session. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2012, 11:42:07 pm »

I'd claim the crossbow. Given how I almost died, I think that's fair.

As for Tuggery's reason to stay with the group, well, she's pretty wounded right now and you guys need her cart to pull the goods anyway. She wouldn't join an "adventure guild", though. She does jobs, not adventures. Also that's not how guilds work :P

Could anyone fill me in on what happened after I left, by the way?
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

(I just put my XP at 1,000 for now, if the actual total is different let me know. Also let me know if I screwed up anything.)

*ding!*
Lon Gordi has reached Level 2!
Health increased by (roll 1d6) 4 to 11 max!
Gained +1 BAB (Total: +1)
Base Reflex and Will saves increase by +1
Can now use three level-0 spells and one 1st-level spell (due to high CHA mod) per day.
He learns the level-0 spell Lullaby and the 1st-level spells Charm Person and Cure Light Wounds!
6 additional skill points (+1 Bluff, +1 Diplomacy, +2 Gather Information, +1 Sleight of Hand, +1 Perform (Lute))
Feat Retrain: Two-Weapon Fighting into Weapon Finesse

The battles in the goblin cave, alongside allies old and new, made Lon realize that emulating his once-master's technique would not serve him well at this point. The exotic whip had done more harm than good, while the simple and trusty rapier did a marvelous job (aside from him dropping it at one point). He began training with it consistently, learning how to use his quick reflexes to their full advantage in a fight.

As a result of his constant interactions with his companions, his skill with the Common language grew. Making friends (or at least temporary allies) became even easier, and he learned to channel his musical powers into inflicting drowsiness and healing minor wounds. Flush with victory, he was already planning his next epic even as he looked forward to what the future would bring.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:59 pm »

Gobbos died violently, with the team being less useless overall and better rolls incoming (most goblins died from 1-hit-kills). The Elven Ranger decided to run across the fire to go after the goblin leader, who escaped anyway. The ranger took 6 fire damage and was soaked wet and saved from being burned into a crisp. Goblin boss escaped through a secret passage and I guess we killed every remaining goblin mook.

Navarre Adel reaches Level 2 somehow; now he basically hits harder (and gets that nifty 1d8 to hp). :P Adjustments in the sheet.

Navarre always had the desire to be a proper adventurer; useful and part of a merry group, and although he hadn't started his path as desired, the rapier-wielder had found a group of people that for the most part seemed to share his thrill-seeking spirit, or at least wanted boatloads of money, which caused a similar effect in most people. As part of a team, his days of lone adventuring were over.

Not only that. The most recent experiences before and after being found by the party were moments when he felt his skills really starting to be put to test, and he feels better, as if all the recent trials made him keener...Sharper. His life also only promises further fun after finding someone to cross swords and wits against. Sharp tongues and sharp blades in a deadly dance...He can only smirk in anticipation.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:37:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2012, 01:01:01 am »

((So you guys didn't clear the cave yet?))

Question: Does BaB increase apply to both ranged and melee?

----------------------------

After helping Tuggery up from the cave, he set up a fire and brought Tuggery close to it, to keep her warm. After that William rushed into the woods trying to finds any plants or herbs that could help her, soon returning with a fistful of leaves, that he knew would cure wounds. He started making a green paste out of the leaves to a clay cup he took from his pocket, heating it by the fire and mixing it with his dagger. While the paste was heating, William used the water in his waterskin to clean the wounds. After finishing the paste he started brushing it to Tuggery's worst wounds and then bandaged some of them. Finally, he threw a blanket over her.

After that, there was nothing else he could do, so he sat down staring into the fire, occasionally glancing towards Tuggery.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:05 am »

Kevin has reached Level 2!
Gained 1 Cleric level.
Health increased by 5 to 16!
Gained +1 Fort save (+6), +1 Will save (+5), +1 BaB (+1).
Gained 1 0-level spell slot (5) and 1 1st-level spell slot (3+1).
2 skill points (Both in Concentration for a +7 total bonus).

I'll add fluff text in later. Maybe.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2012, 04:29:48 am »

Also, after some thought; since I got the masterwork tools, I as a player will relinquish (that's a word right?) my claims on the crossbow if any other crossbow user wants it.

Of course, Tuggery will still think she deserves it, being how she almost died and how it was her map (she found it first! It counts! :P) and all.

Also, yeah, anzki, BAB increases both.
Love, scriver~

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »

Sam has reached Level 2!
Gained 1 Sorcerer level.
Health increased by 5 to 11!
Gained +1 Will save (+3) and +1 BaB(+1).
Gained 1 more 0 level spell known(Acid Splash) and 1 spell per level for both 0 and 1
6 skill points (One in Concentration, One in Bluff and Four in Diplomacy).
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

Veraelnis has reached Level 2.

Gained one Paladin Level
Gained +1 BAB (Now at +2 Total)
Gained +1 Fort Save (Now at +3 Total)
Health increased by 12 to 24

Gained Divine Grace
Gained Lay On Hands

Two Skill points in Knowledge (Religion)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

Tuggery has reached Level 2!

Gained one Rogue level.
Gained +1 BAB
Gained +1 Reflex Save
Health increased by 3 to 10

Gained Evasion

Gained 11 Skill Points: 2 Disable Device, 2 Open Lock, 4 Tumble, 1 Search, 1 Escape Artist, 1 Move Silently

So, I just realised I might have forgotten to fill in my Ref Save before. The number on this chart, is that what goes in the "Base" field on the Myth-Weavers sheet?
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »

@Tugg: Yeah. At level 2 your base Reflex will be 3.

And that link is crappy, anyway. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

@People's health: Shouldn't we roll those during the next session? >.>

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:14:33 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16