Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread  (Read 12914 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »

@Doom: Nope on the Moss Agate.

We're selling the gems and things, and splitting the gold among the party. Only make claims on usable items, please.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2012, 09:26:59 pm »

I think I should probably take the dagger. I'm less likely to do something foolish with it, like abuse a Chaotic Neutral nature and sacrifice the dwarf for sweet loot. Plus if it's possessed, I'm the least likely to manage to overpower someone and stab them to death. That and it likely won't knock my weight limit past where I want it :P
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »

You guys do know you can Appraise things, right?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

In that case, I take only my share of the gold and ten apples. Tuggery can have the masterwork thieve's tools.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

((Assuming we are resting where the session ended.))

William examined the various barrels and boxes in the room, but didn't really find anything that held his interest. He carefully examined the apples and although they seemed fresh enough, he didn't take any, fearing what the goblins might have done to them.

After the search he positioned himself where he could see the tunnel leading to this cave, sitting down next to Tuggery, who was keeping an eye on the tunnel as well.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2012, 03:26:30 am »

((Yay masterwork tools! That gives me a reason to look up what "masterwork" means in game mechanics ;) ))

Tuggery strapped her new toolkit to her belt, then sat down by the entrance again. "Shoulda hidden the cart", she muttered. "Gods knows what the goblin taffers does if they find it. Or the ol' nag. Dun' like waitin' down 'ere at all, I dun'."

She opened her belt pouch and pinched out some of the weed for her pipe and lit it on her lantern flame. Leaning back against the cavern wall she held out the pipe towards the ranger as he made her company.

"You want some?"
Love, scriver~

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2012, 03:48:24 am »

"Might as well", William says, accepts the pipe Tuggery is offering and takes a long draw from it before handing it back to her. William thanks her and sits there in silent for a while. Then - in order to fill the rather awkward silence - he asks:
"So, how familiar are you with this part of the world?"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2012, 04:10:03 am »

The halfling eyed him bitterly for a moment, then exhaled a large puff of smoke and turned her gaze to the darkness ahead of them.

"Not much. Grew up someways up the coast. Dragged down her by my old partner last year, may the taffer's gnawed bones rest uneasy."

She spat on the floor demonstratively.

"How about'yaself?"
Love, scriver~

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2012, 04:31:29 am »

"No. I've wandered around a lot, but this is the first time I've been around here", William says thoughtfully stroking his chin, "Can't say I like it too much either; too much fields and plains and too little cover. Makes hunting rather difficult. People have been rather friendly enough though - aside from those drunken dwarves - which sadly cannot be said about most places these days..."

William is reminded of his youth and is lost in thought for a while, staring to nothingness. Finally he let's out a sigh and turns his head back to Tuggerty.

"You trust that one?", he asks, nodding his head towards the goblin.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2012, 11:15:45 am »

Said goblin sat crouched to one edge of the campsite, hands on knees as he watched the humans mistrustfully from half-closed eyes.

As much as he was no affiliate of the 'Rattooth' goblins, he had earlier dragged their bodies out of the way and covered them. As much as they had tied him up, quite likely planning to eat him, Nouzu Gak Ovak had no reason to think these humans were any better.
He'd seen the way they'd sprang upon the surprised Rattooth members. The wiry, moustachioed goblin rolled his shoulders in a shrug, still working life into them after being tied up for so long, and waited.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2012, 11:48:06 am »

Kathryn watched curiously, as the Goblin who called himself 'Gak' moved and cover the bodies with a certain degree of respect for the departed. Even though, she was sure these Clan Goblins had been intent upon murdering him.

She wondered why.

He seemed a Goblin torn between two worlds. In search of Truth. She began to get the idea, that someone should help him find it-whatever the Truth might be.

Kathryn spoke to him, sitting cross legged on the floor.

"It is good for you to honor your people, Gak. The Raven Queen gazes upon you, and you are not found wanting...

But, tell truth, are these truly your people? It seems they have rejected you. You are still apt to mistrust us, for your own reasons.

To which World do you think you truly belong? Theirs? Or ours?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2012, 11:50:12 am »

Are you guys sleeping the the burrow or just taking a break?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

@Scel: Just a small break, I believe.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »

"No. I've wandered around a lot, but this is the first time I've been around here", William says thoughtfully stroking his chin, "Can't say I like it too much either; too much fields and plains and too little cover. Makes hunting rather difficult. People have been rather friendly enough though - aside from those drunken dwarves - which sadly cannot be said about most places these days..."

William is reminded of his youth and is lost in thought for a while, staring to nothingness. Finally he let's out a sigh and turns his head back to Tuggerty.

"You trust that one?", he asks, nodding his head towards the goblin.

"Dun' rightly know yet." Tuggery glanced over towards the goblin, and lowered her voice somewhat. "I've worked with his ken before. Not too much more a bastards than other people. Sneakier though. I'm not gonna turn ma back on 'im 'til we're out of 'ere, leastways. Gotta earn the trust if 'e wants it. Not lettin' 'im away 'til we leave either. We've got stuff outside, ain't lettin' him a chance to nick it."
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »

Leaving his reverie as the strange, feather-clad human spoke to him, Gak opened his eyes more fully, looking her over with some suspicion.
After a moment's consideration whether or not to answer, he eventually spoke.

"Neither." He seemed about to leave it at that and return to silence, but hesitated and added, his scratchy-yet-strong voice tinged with a bitter laugh, "Born a goblin, raised by humans, mistrusted by everyone, or so it seems." Gak shook his head slowly and smoothed his small moustache with one greyish-green hand, looking back to the floor.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16