Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread  (Read 12902 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 02:08:11 pm »

((I'm a wizard and a terrible eavesdropper :P))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 02:10:16 pm »

((@Putnam: Make that clear in your RP, then. How are you listening in? WHY are you listening in?

Was there a reason you followed my character out into the night? O_o

Edit it into your action, your means and motivation. Heh.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:30 pm »

((haha, fixed. I've never actually roleplayed in any way before, so >_>))

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 02:19:15 pm »

William quickly aims his bow to the bushes and is about to shoot, when he recognizes that the voice belongs to Falor. A bit worried that he was sneaked up upon so easily - distracted or not - William seems to lose any interest in discussing about the barfight.

"I better get some sleep", he mutters, gives a friendly nod towards Kathryn and walks to the campfire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »

((@Putnam: There's a first time for everything. And your post looks much better now. :) ))

Kathryn is disappointed, watching him leave. She knows William will not open up easily to her, or anyone-it is difficult for a man to discuss his feelings, especially with an audience. And now it will be harder...

She shoots Falor a burning glance, but her words are soft and non-threatening. If anything she sounds...tired.

"Are you satisfied, Wizard? Is your curiosity sated?

I was trying to help him come to understand death. As best I could.

Unlike you, He does not have the total luxury of killing from afar, or killing with a flick of a hand-he must come to grips with those he has killed, feel their blood on his hands, or the motion of his bow as he guides his arrows into unwilling hearts. Fighting is not so clean, for them.

It was why I took up the sword, if you are wondering. I found I did not like the person I was becoming, relying on spells alone, and letting my body go to waste. I found myself becoming increasingly detached from those I would protect...and those I had to kill.

But, what do you know of this? Your hands are soft, your skin pale from lack of sun. You gather other peoples problems, miseries and worries like a magpie, so you do not have to dwell on your own. If you want to collect more stories, I can tell them to you.

Or maybe you can tell me of your self.

We have all night, Wizard."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2012, 03:07:22 pm »

I... am... an uninteresting mage who is funded by his mother gotta go

Falor backs out before he has to say anything more.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 03:18:21 pm »

Sam sat in camp just listening to everything happening around her without processing it at all. Of all the absurdly lucky things that have happened to her, this still probably took the cake. She had to get out of town, the look on the guards faces assured that, and a wandering party of adventurers promising gold and more importantly a group of people allowing her free travel?

This whole god damned situation just pisses me off, Sam thought. Of all the people I've hurt, the guards need to care and harass me over the one I fucking cared about and didn't intend. Lying can only get me so far, and the bastards would have probably caught me eventually. At least this means I get money and a new home where ever I choose. I just need to get the money first.....

((TLDR I suck at writing.))
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

((No vendoring until you get back to town. Nice try trying to dodge those weights.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 05:32:21 pm »

((OOC: @Scel/ Prancer could carry 300 pounds of gear!

If that's what vague and depressing point you were trying to make was. No comments on the RP? :P))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 06:11:33 pm »

((OOC: @Scel/ Prancer could carry 300 pounds of gear! If that's what vague and depressing point you were trying to make was. No comments on the RP? :P))
((You would think that would be enough, wouldn't you?  :P I'll comment on the RP later, when I'm not drop dead tired.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:17 pm »

((I'm not quite clear; are we camped out after defeating the goblins? Are we on the road before or after the battle? Is this right after the tavern fight? I need context  :-[ ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »

((@Sirius: The First RP was Kathryn on the night after the Tavern fight. Our current RP, takes place some time between leaving town and starting to fight the Goblins, sometime during our three day journey.))

Kathryn gave no more thought to the Wizard, as he scurried away.

She concentrated on the patrol, but in truth, her eyes were always drawn more to the stars, high in the night sky. As such, she felt a little less lonely by their light.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »

((Alrighty. This isn't anything special, but I might as well join in on the fun :P ))

Meanwhile, back at the campsite, Lon was wide awake. Using magic to make the tip of a stick of charcoal glow, he wrote down what he could remember of the tavern fight. Glossing over his own involvement (or lack of it, in this case) and emphasizing the actions of others was fairly standard practice for him, and he spun tales of the beautiful Kathryn knocking dwarves unconscious, of magic missiles filling the air, of rope coming alive and hogtying it's own owner, of the grim ranger who struck down a mighty warrior with a single blow.

What a stirring tale they would make together! And if this goblin thing went together as planned, then perhaps the story would grow even greater. Lon may have learned the bardic arts from a madman, but his instincts were sound: assuming this eclectic group could stay together, there was no limit to what they may achieve. For his part, Lon intended to help out in any way he could, recording the journey for posterity.

And...done. Keeping the stick lit for a moment longer, the half-elf flipped through the earlier pages of the tattered journal. Quite a few of them featured Kathryn in some way: the halfling riot, the kraken attack, the whole petrification incident...it made him pause. Lon wasn't quite sure what to make of the woman. Was she just an inspirational figure for the stories? Just a comrade-in-arms? A friend? Something...more?

He put the thoughts aside. This promised to be their biggest adventure together to date, and his innate sense of theatrics told him that such questions would be answered in time. Until then, it was his duty to protect his fellows and keep their spirits high, and Lon would need a good night's rest in order to do just that. With a whispered good night to Tetra, who nestled nearby, he canceled the light spell and closed his eyes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »

Mordgard was seen sleeping close to the fire, he was sleeping uneasily near it. He said every once in a while half-baked words, sometimes in goblin, and other times in dwarfish. His dreams were obviously seen to be grim, he was constantly moving from left to right moaning and groaning. Each time with a little more movement, each one with more swinging and running motions, he finally jumps into his feet, eyes open and with surprise in his face, makes as if he was swinging his axe at a similarly sized being, and finishes doing so mid-swing before seeing his surroundings and remembering his current situation. Fear is erased from his face and is replaced with tired eyes and a deeper, slower breathing pace. moves some feet away from the campfire and sits down. He looks at his axe for a while, sheathes it, and lays down to sleep.

((anything that I can try to make better? you really make it hard to not to join in the fun))
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27:33 am »

Second day of the journey.

When the sun cast it's first light upon the party, William had already returned from his trip to a nearby stream he had spotted at night, where he had filled his waterskins and washed himself. He had not slept well the other night - not used to the noises the others made while asleep - and had woken before anyone else, a little before the sunrise. Now, upon returning to the camp few others were already up.

He greeted them politely and stood in the middle of the camp looking at the people, unsure if he should wake up those who were still fast asleep.

((And yes, I am bored :P))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:36:32 am by anzki4 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16