Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread  (Read 12926 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:07 pm »

Kathryn stepped into it, snaking her body away at the last moment-but it was a very bare thing. Navarre can almost see flakes of her leather armor coming off from the fine cut.

Her heavy blade came swinging underhand lower left to upper right in response-a wide swipe, designed to force him back-but, Navarre's back was to the tree...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »

Navarre's body bent as he deftly tumbled out of the way, avoiding the attack and watching as the blade passed a couple of inches away from his body.

As soon as his evasive maneuver was finished, the swordsman realized something, already preparing for another attack... "The first one to score three hits wins...And do you have any kind of magic at work here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and smiling.

"Not that I mind." he continued, closing the distance between both of them in a flash, sidestepping into her guard and thrusting against a spot of Kathryn's studded armor near an unprotected section, aiming to poke the protected area with his rapier and score a point.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55:35 am »

((Since nobody said anything about it, I'll just go ahead and claim the crossbow anyway, I guess :P

On that topic, how is identifying magical stuff done in 3,5?))
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:46 am »

((@Scriver: Yeah, the crossbow is yours :P

As for magic, we can either have one or spellcaster guys prepare this on our off days...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/identify.htm

Costs 100 GP per use. Putnams char can make us scrolls of identify to use on the go for 125 GP and 5 xp each, if he likes.

Or we can just hire an NPC mage to cast it for you.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Spellcasting_and_Services

10 GP for a Lv. 1 Identify spell cast at Lv. 1, +100 for the above reagent=110GP))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:07 pm »

Kathryn raised her arm and held it toward the spot Navarre had aimed at-and he blade felt a sudden jerk, as if it had hit an invisible shield-slowing his blade enough for her to smack it away, numbing his arm. He saw a small smile on her face.

Death doesn't play fair, apparently.

Navarre had seen this when Kathryn fought the Goblins-their blades and arrows bouncing and deflecting off of seemingly nothing-she had been using her magic, then. Which of course, was exactly what happened this time.

Kathryn didn't pause to gloat-she backpedaled, then drove the point of her blade toward Navarre's throat.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:51:01 pm by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

Navarre took evasive action once again but instead of tumbling, his body bent backwards as if he was in a game of limbo before he slipped a foot into her defense, locking it behind her ankle and pulling on it at the same time as he thrusted his rapier along the line of her thight, abdomen and towards her chin.

His remaining foot got a firm hold as he got back to his usual stance, smacking away the top of Kathryn's sword with his glove, driving it towards the ground and away from him as he insisted on keeping the fight in a distance where her bastard sword would have less space to be wielded.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:34 pm »

Kathryn ended up falling down on the ground completely to avoid the Rapiers point, somewhat clumsily. She dropped her sword...

Then quickly used her position to hook Navarre's weak left leg with her own-in a moment, they were both on the ground. Kathryn crawled onto him, moving to finish the battle, in a roundabout way-attempting to get one hand on the hilt of Navarres blade, and one hand on his throat.

She was a lot stronger than her bodyframe would suggest.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »

Navarre acted fast as he was thrown to the ground. Most of his agility negated as he was pinned, it was time to show he also had some small tricks to pull of in the right occasions.

With one of Kathryn's hands out of combat trying to grab the hilt of his rapier and the other moving as a claw to get his throat, the situation led him to keep one of his hands constantly denying the woman a grip on his sword and the other to take his handy dagger and push it with enough strength to go through Kat's magical shield as she got to his throat, the blade of the dagger hovering less an inch above the soft flesh of her neck as the woman's fingers dug on his own skin.

He had no doubt Kathryn could probably crush his neck with her slender fingers, but his dagger also meant business. Even with her hand on his windpipe, he smiled mischievously. At the very least, it was not as if he could complain about the position they found themselves in. It was awfully suggestive, after all.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2012, 02:45:39 pm »

Kathryn would not complain either-her fingers found purchase, but the dagger was poised to strike...a standoff.

"...the question is, could I break your windpipe, before you bled me out?" She asked with a sarcastic grin, tightening her grip over his neck 'playfully'.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

Navarre kept smiling even as Kathryn's fingers tightened the grip on his neck.

"I think the question would actually be, would any of us like to see each other dead?" he answered, tapping the flat of his dagger against her neck.

"I think we could very well end up as bloody heaps after killing each other almost at the same time, but that would not be elegant."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:10:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »

"Indeed. Quite inelegant. But sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice for victory...and decide if love your life, less than you hate your enemy.

...Well. Shall we continue this game to it's forgone conclusion, or call this round a draw?"

Kathryn wasn't quite sure who would blink in the face of death first-him or her. She hadn't blinked yet-but had he?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

Navarre kept the dagger at Kathryn's neck steady and firmly positioned near her skin.

"I could stay like this all day...Or even apply the deadly blow, if my opponent was an enemy." he answered, eyes sparking perilously with the thrill of death and pressing the tip of his dagger against her neck, the sharpened blade almost breaking through the skin.

"But...this is not the case, is it?" his smile was almost devilish.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:44 pm »

Kathryn let out a small breathy sigh at the tip of the dagger. Pleasure, or pain? Her hand continued it's slow, deadly squeeze. Navarre's neck creaked.

"...Not the case.

So, if we're not enemies...then it comes to a question of trust. Who relents first-and leaves themselves defenseless? Who will trust the other with their life?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2012, 05:53:48 pm »

"Lady," he said, smiling. "Sorry if I pushed this dance of death too far, but this position is just too enticing to miss." he quipped in a low voice as his throat was squeezed before spinning his dagger and slipping the weapon into its small sheath while letting go of the rapier at the same time.

"You can call it my defeat, since I let go of the weapons first."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2012, 06:01:17 pm »

Kathryn lets her fingers a go...about four seconds afterwards.

"Well, I do play to win, Saer...good try though." She murmured, a small smile on her face.

Kathryn lingered over him a moment, before rolling off and standing up-and extending a hand down to help him off the ground.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16