Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apocalypse  (Read 407 times)

Sporemaniac777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Apocalypse
« on: August 04, 2012, 03:53:14 pm »

Hello everyone, Im new to the forums and also quite new to Dwarf Fortress and I was thinking about this. Could you actually make your wolrd end? Like unleashing some huge force that will kill everyone and everything. Is breaching itno hell in Fortress mode enough? Would the demons keep pouring out, destroying your fortress, then the surrounding area and then just keep spreading and killing everything? Is it possible to catch like a plague or syndrome that basically causes death (like necrosis on the whole body) in the end and spread it around to other people in Adventure mode? I kind of wanna basically end my world in a fun way to observe. Any suggestions on how to achieve it? Thanks in advance.

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:18:28 pm »

I think worldgen stops and time pretty much freezes when you start fort mode.

The only way, I think, is to manually kill EVERYONE with an overpowered adventurer.
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »

You cannot do that anymore anyway. They just respawn.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:06:03 pm »

You could kill all of the humans and dwarves by simply starting and then retiring 150 times with adventurers. Then everyone except goblins and elves will automatically keel over dead of old age as soon as you enter their towns.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.