Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lots of candy...  (Read 2415 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of candy...
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

There will also be threats from below. Certain, !!FUN!! threats. That sword is what releases these threats. It will be far worse than any gobbos. But now you wanna know what they are. Pull the sword, or dig the spires up, and find out.
I don't know what he's talking about. Are you refering to the damn caverns? because they get dangerous right after a sword or candy gets mined. I think its cause they are drawn to the adamantine. There not so bad, really. Your military could easily dispatch the weird floating guts and crawling eyes that show up, but they ARE creepy.

Obviously the !!FUN!! has invaded misko's mind. For I do not speak of the beasts dwelling in the caves under the earth, nor do I speak of the beastly wretches that poison your dwarves and exist as creatures unspeakable. Nay, they are foes not to be trifled with, far stronger than the two groups combined. They are under the bloodied floors, filthy beasts composed of materials and anger at being trapped under their snbreaking walls. The foul wretches deep under the earth, they who strike fear into the gods, are ready to escape. All you need is one designation.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »

Seriously man, whats up? You're scaring him unneasacsarrily. I mean sure, there are some threats, but come on, nothing a armed milita squad couldn't handle.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 11:12:19 pm »

I agree with Misko. Nothing a squad of forty of fifty dwarves with steel cant handle.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 11:18:46 pm »

Seriously man, whats up? You're scaring him unneasacsarrily. I mean sure, there are some threats, but come on, nothing a armed milita squad couldn't handle.

You are stubborn, aren't you? I am too.

Do you really believe that you can kill what lies below efficiently and safely? When a bull made of steel and many other freaks of nature come charging out of the portal split in the ground, do you really think that your brave soldiers can survive the onslaught? Sure, they may end a few of them, but soon they shall be torn asunder, and your fortress shall soon follow.

You also misspelled unnescessarily very, very, badly.
My tumblr.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

I dun geddit. Is this a new feature?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 11:41:00 pm »

Okay guys, the jig is up: Pulling the sword triggers a Forgotten beast spawn. It is random, and could be pathetic, or it could be bad. The sword is worth it though, oh so worth it, so make sure you have a drawbridge you can pull up to shield you against it's wrath, or a couple swordwarfs to handle it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:22 pm »

Oh damn, well, know you know.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »

Okay guys, the jig is up: Pulling the sword triggers a Forgotten beast spawn. It is random, and could be pathetic, or it could be bad. The sword is worth it though, oh so worth it, so make sure you have a drawbridge you can pull up to shield you against it's wrath, or a couple swordwarfs to handle it.

Remember, it could be one badass FB. Make sure you have a army on hand.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 11:57:13 pm »

Or, of course, it could be a water ape that falls apart at the first touch. You never know. So get your cavern defenses up to date.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 12:00:36 am »

"water ape charges dorf baby"
"babey puches it in the foot brusing the muscle (always says that)"
"Water ape has ben struck down"  :o
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:19 am »

It's demons. The sword does not unleash a FB, and I'm fairly certain that it doesn't spawn goblins. It opens a hole in the ground. And demons come out. Same for digging up all the addy in a spire.
My tumblr.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 12:21:12 am »

"water ape charges dorf baby"
"babey puches it in the foot brusing the muscle (always says that)"
"Water ape has ben struck down"  :o
No, it has a whole different set of sayings, for example "Tearing the tissue in half" or, "braking apart the tissue". I should know, I recently had a steam FB corner a farmer then have his ass handed to him before a Axedwarf showed up and gave him his head too.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 03:35:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

don't spoil our !!fun!!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 03:52:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

don't spoil our !!fun!!

I only see innovation.

Fun Fun Fun.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 07:41:36 am »

You know, I don't think he would've asked if he didn't want to be spoiled.

Designing a way to take care of the results of digging too deep is an intriguing problem for mature forts. I still stand by my candy spike field/crossbowdwarf squad/drawbridge method. Though it has the ironic result of using up most of the candy you mined to get there.

But--if you want spoilers, it's all there on the wiki. Suffice it to say that being told about the threat is not going to magically make it possible to deal with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3