Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Guns of Icarus online: pay what you want!  (Read 15016 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus online: Beta weekend on!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 02:34:35 pm »

great to know, thanks
He's being sarcastic if you didn't notice, it literally took me less than an hour to get a beta key. Regarding the game so far this is pretty fun, got to pilot an airship and it was definitely entertaining. Not a whole lot of people playing unfortunately, so it's hard to find a game to play in.

Sarcastic O.o I was giving a serious awnser it took me about 3-5 months to get my key :/
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 02:35:13 pm »

great to know, thanks
He's being sarcastic if you didn't notice, it literally took me less than an hour to get a beta key. Regarding the game so far this is pretty fun, got to pilot an airship and it was definitely entertaining. Not a whole lot of people playing unfortunately, so it's hard to find a game to play in.

Sarcastic O.o I was giving a serious awnser it took me about 3-5 months to get my key :/
What? I got mine literally in about thirty minutes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »

It should honestly take a few minutes. But remember, this is a beta weekend, so there isn't much time left any more.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 02:36:19 pm »

great to know, thanks

What? I got mine literally in about thirty minutes.

No joke I subbed earlier in the year and only got mine 2 days ago you lucky bugger :/

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

kay ill remain hopeful :D

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

Apparently this is going to be "sold at retail," and ALSO have an item shop. (However: "We hate pay-to-win, and Guns of Icarus Online will not let you buy your way to victory. The items we sell in the game will be limited to cosmetic and vanity items, like costumes, ship decorations, and pets.")

http://gunsoficarus.com/faq/
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:39 pm »

Apparently this is going to be "sold at retail," and ALSO have an item shop. (However: "We hate pay-to-win, and Guns of Icarus Online will not let you buy your way to victory. The items we sell in the game will be limited to cosmetic and vanity items, like costumes, ship decorations, and pets.")

Yeah.

Honestly I don't think it'll do very well in retail, since this kind of game basically must be F2P these days or no one would play it.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 03:31:24 pm »

Yeah.

Honestly I don't think it'll do very well in retail, since this kind of game basically must be F2P these days or no one would play it.

To be honest I think it will still do well, I prefer to pay for my games and if it's resonably priced and we are going to keep getting updates with ships and weapons I have no problems paying for the game :)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »

The game is fine, but it's not good enough to be a retail game. If it was F2P with an item shop, then sure I can see it doing well. But no one wants to buy a game, then find out they're not getting the entire game and have to spend more money on different items.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:30 pm »

If it's in the $5 range, maybe. Seems like kind of a small game to purchase at retail especially considering they want to encourage buying from their item shot.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

The reason you might have not have gotten your keys until recently is because Spider hasn't been an "ambassador" (key-giver type guy) until lately, and he's the one that gives away keys quickest. I'm assuming.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 04:11:45 am »

Is anyone available now to play a game? Only, there's no one else on and I only just got my key. Also, the servers don't appear to have been shut down yet.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 11:14:56 am »

Looks fun, applied for a key. Hope they still have some left :P
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 02:51:58 pm »

Hmm...kinda reminds me of the AirBuccaneers mod for UT.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 03:35:47 pm »

Here's what AirBuccaneers says about it:
1.17 Have you heard about this game called Guns of Icarus Online?

Yes we have! It’s a really fun game and very cool concept. We think it can be summed up by saying that it’s a lot like AirBuccaneers, but with bigger ships and higher in the skies. So if you like AirBuccaneers HD, you should definitely check out Guns of Icarus Online because you will absolutely love it.

Here's what Guns of Icarus Online says about AirBuccaneers:
Have you guys heard of this game called Air Buccaneers?

We have! It’s a nice little game and we’ve had some fun playing it in the office. We think it just goes to show that airship combat is a genre whose time has come. If you like Air Buccaneers, you’ll looooove Guns of Icarus Online.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7