Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Skullstone Depths RTD! [Turn 9: Incompetence and BURNING RESOLVE]  (Read 13031 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Skullstone Depths RTD! [Turn 8: Kung Fu]
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 05:45:37 pm »

Stab kobold! When he dies, butcher him to use his skin as a bandage.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 08:58:55 pm »

Punch kobold in balls.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 12:14:41 am »

BITE
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2012, 12:06:18 am »

Turn 9: Incompetence and BURNING RESOLVE

Attack Kobolds with Kung Fu Power!
[2] vs [1] You slap a kobold. It assumes you're feinting and stands there while you slap it.

[1] vs [4] It then assumes you're a lot trickier than you look and dives slightly to the left of your knees while you sidestep.

0.5 dmg dealt
+1 Dodging

Shoryuken!
[1] vs [2] You get the direction reversed and trip onto the floor.

[4+1] vs [6] The kobold attempts to stomp you, but you manage to wriggle between its legs. Do you know how hard it is to do that to something that's three feet tall?

+2 Dodging

Look around the junk pile for a bit of metal I could turn into a shank, then make one.
[5] You uncover a very nice shard of metal, probably some high-quality thing used to beat peasants like you with or something. [6] You then create a shiv out of it by mummifying it to your hand. Well, a katar is kind of a shiv, right?

+2 Shivcrafting

Stab once more!
[2] vs [5] Without the element of surprise, your efforts to stab the kobold becomes little more than a desperate and futile lunge, which leaves you open for the kobold's counterattack.

[1] vs [4] Fortunately for you, the kobold underestimates you, and in its haste to countershiv you trips and falls.

+1 Dodging

Stab kobold! When he dies, butcher him to use his skin as a bandage.
[3] vs [5] Your halfhearted lunge is met with a skillful parry. Seems you won't be fashioning him into a bandage just yet.

[6] vs [3] That doesn't necessarily mean the reverse isn't true, however. He jams his weapon just below your ribcage and then rips you open. You fall to the ground, clutching your guts and trying to stay conscious.

...a strong sense of resolve comes over you, however. You've taken worse than this! Stuffing your guts back where they belong, you get back on your feet, resolve stronger than ever.

5 dmg taken
Toughness 1 gained!

Punch kobold in balls.
[4] vs [1] You successfully punch the kobold's genital region, causing it to yelp in pain.

[5] vs [2] For some strange reason this seems to piss it off, and it responds by shanking you in your genital region. You also yelp in pain.

1.5 dmg dealt
6 dmg taken
+1 Punching

BITE
[6] vs [6] You go into a frothing rage, your hunger uncontainable. It responds with an equal desire to not be eaten alive, and you hit a stalemate.

[2] vs [4] It wobbles at you to no effect.

+2 Biting
+1 Dodging

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you might or might not have noticed:

-Skills work differently now. Rather than manually assigning exp, you gain much less exp for every action you do, then gain a distributable sum upon completing objectives.

-Skills work strangely. Current formula is ([Att Roll] - [Def Roll]) * ([Att Score] / [Def Score]), except Def is apparently 1 by default because you can't divide by 0, which makes the first rank of anything useless. Uh... working on it.

-These kobolds can probably take you. Hrm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Snatch weapon out of kobold's hand.

:D Thread no diedie!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Punch out his intelligence. Manually.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Kick in the face!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Oh, reinforcements! Thank the light!"
Point behind them, run away.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Grapple with it, THEN BITE.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]