Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile problem  (Read 650 times)

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile problem
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »

I'm trying to make an armor stockpile that only accepts socks, shirts and trousers so i can keep a tab on wether or not my dwarves have sufficient clothing to keep from tantruming. One missing sock and they go nuts. Everything in the other materials list is on except leather (leather goes to another stockpile, which isnt working either) and metal isn't allowed either. The problem is my dwarves won't take anything to it. So far all i have seen is my manager haul an empty barrel to it. They only seem to haul things to a finished goods stockpile and there is no way to specify only socks or trousers, etc. Why dosen't this work?

And while i'm here, how do i seperate large/small from things my dwarves can use?

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

Clothing, like rope reed shirts, is classified as a finished good, not armor.

Note that in the Finished Goods section of the stockpiles settings, there's an entry for "armor." This means any upper body covering, like shirts, tunics, togas, etc.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »

Yeah, thats the problem though, i want to seperate different items. Socks here, sandals there, tunics over there and shirts over here, etc... Add this one to the suggestions list i guess. Thanks.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:18 am »

Then you're going to need multiple stockpiles; one that only accepts socks, another that only accepts tunics, etc. I don't see what the problem is.

Could you try rephrasing the question, or explaining the process by which you make stockpiles step-by-step?

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 04:07:04 am »

I set up a custom stockpile then enabled socks from the armor list (no socks in finished goods, only footwear), then enabled other materials, but disabled leather. So i should only get coth, wool, and silk socks to this stockpile. The dwarves ignore it and will ONLY haul socks to a finished goods stockpile which dosent exist in my fortress so i have socks laying all over the place (among other items).

My dwarves are disorganised drunks. :(