Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17770 times)

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »

Old Alan goes wandering, looking for a small fishing village or other easy target  to plunder.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:47 am »

Bogdan starts to walk, thinking to himself.

"Hmm... I dare say that I need a place where I can centre my efforts against the scum in this world... Like a superhero's den."

Once he has decides this, he attempts to find a suitable cave inside the mountain where he can live, while still having a good supply of food and water.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 03:11:34 am »

Head into the mountains, searching either for signs of bandits or signs of a village.

If bandits are found, inform them that I wish to see their leader; I am a deadly escaped assassin and am searching for an employer worthy of my allegiance. Use persuasive violence if necessary.

If a village is found, ask to be taken to their chief; I am an undercover duke's agent sent out to investigate the bandit problem in the area and want to find out more about it.

If neither are found, search for food and water.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Two!
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2012, 03:19:33 pm »

Turn two now.  Every few turns constitutes a day (it'll vary depending on the size of your actions, but should be around 2-4 turns), and between each day hunger and rest levels will go down.  Also, there's already been over a thousand views, this is amazing!

Rukukin heads in direction the sun is dipping, judging that way to be east (it's actually west).  As he goes he fashions his shirt into a makeshift hat, [4] which does an acceptable job of keeping the sun off of him, and keeps an eye out for anything that looks like it could be eaten.  [4-2] The desert reveals nothing.

Jake heads straight out from the gate, making sure to watch his step carefully.  He looks for anything that looks like shelter [6-1] and spots several large stone formations that have fallen together to make a good-sized crevice.  Having found shelter he leaves to scout for any people, [1-3] but finds only a hungry-looking wasteland wolf.  It's about to lunge for Jake's throat.

Old Alan keeps walking north along the beach, searching for an easy target.  [3+2] He happens upon a medium-sized fishing village of twenty huts, a scant half-dozen guards patrolling, and most of the citizens presently out to sea.

Bogdan thinks to himself as he hikes.  "Hmm... I dare say that I need a place where I can center my efforts against the scum in this world... like a superhero's den."  Despite having no idea what a superhero even is, he settles on this course of action, searching for a mountain cave to live from.  [4+1] He discovers a cave that's absolutely perfect for his needs; spacious, clean, easy access to a spring, and best of all, empty.

Eggen heads further into the mountains, looking for signs of life.  [6] He finds life.  In fact, he stumbles into the middle of a hidden bandit camp, and ends up with a dozen arrows pointed at him.
[3] "Bring me to your leader!  I escaped a deadly assassin and am searching for an alliance worthy of my employ!"  Eggen decides not to demonstrate his obviously self-evident fighting skills.  Especially not with so many archers ready to pincushion him.
One of the bandits steps forward, looking slightly confused at all the big words, and eventually nods.  "I'm the second in charge here.  Now, you don't look like too much, but I bet we can work something out.  You see, we're waiting on a merchant caravan of some sort to be passing through today, and we've been wanting for a... distraction.  For half a share, what do you say?"

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day One
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2012, 03:35:04 pm »

Rukukin will continue in the direction he's heading, looking out for anything of use...Try and find civilization!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »

"You say I don't look like much but trust me with this? I will prove myself against anyone of your men in a spear duel! And if I win: I get to name my terms. If I lose: I will fight for you without any share of the bounty!"

Agree to go with them, if the ambush goes ahead, and hide: but do not enter combat until the enemy is observed. Then I will decide upon a plan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »

Put sack over wolf's head. Pin it to the ground and commence stomping.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:49 pm »

Old Alan heads into the village to scout it out.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »

"Hah, this is perfect! It is totally like a superhero den!"
He thinks that he heard the words superhero from someone before, and it sounded super heroic, so he started using it in everyday conversation. It just sounded natural to him.
While contemplating the phrases he uses in life, Bogdan goes out and attempts to find some materials for building. Big sticks, stones, and the like.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Three!
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

Turn three, and I haven't even died because of running multiple games!  Yet.

Rukukin keeps heading towards the setting sun, looking for anything that looks useful or civilized, anything at all.  [2] After what seems like hours of walking the only thing Rukukin has found are endless sand dunes.

Eggen retorts "You say I don't look like much but trust me with this?  I will prove myself against anyone of your men in a spear duel!  And if I win: I get to name my terms.  If I lose: I will fight for you without any share of the bounty!"
The bandit lieutenant shrugs.
"A dead body is as good of a distraction as a living one.  You want to fight our guy now, or after the raid?"
Eggen decides to go along with the ambush, for now.  He hides by the side of the path and waits as the sun sets.  Finally, [3] a pair of merchants and their mule-drawn cart come down the road.  The lieutenant gives Eggen a meaningful look.

Jake [4] whips his sack out and entangles the wolf as it pounces.  He wrestles it to the ground [3] and stomps, eliciting a pained snarl.  The wasteland wolf (4) thrashes until it's free of the sack, which now has some holes and claw marks in it.

Old Alan wanders into the village.  A guard side-eyes him but lets the old man pass.
The village consists of twenty huts, most of which are apparently residential, with an apothecary's shop near the outskirts, a couple of general stores, and a boat repair shop.  There's no wharf or dock of any kind; the drag marks leading up to the ocean indicate the boats are simply kept on the shore.  There's only one boat on the shore now, which looks barely seaworthy.
The streets of the village, if they can be called such, are nearly empty, save for the few guards and a couple of children.  High up on the City wall a guard patrols.

Bogdan says "Hah, this is perfect!  It is totally like a superhero den!" figuring that he's heard the term from someone, somewhere, before.  He leaves his cave and looks around for anything that could be used for building.  [4] He collects some sturdy branches and big rocks and brings them back to his cave just before the sun sets.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »

Find a rock, knock out the wolf.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2012, 07:41:17 pm »

Rukukin, in a blind rage, will attempt to hone his ability to sense the power-level of anything nearby. Maybe he'll find food. Or a person.

Wait. We DO get magic...Right? I can sense (roughly) how strong people are...Right? I'm a magical monk bandit, right?

Right.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:35 pm »

Old Alan decides to ask a guard if there are any roads with bandit troubles nearby, under the guise of being just an elderly traveler.

Even a bandit as amazing as Old Alan thinks he is would have trouble taking a town without some underlings.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »

lawastooshort and borno haven't posted, so I won't be able to wrap up Day One today, unfortunately.  Even more unfortunately I'll be gone for the next week.  Behave yourselves in my absence, now!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 05:10:51 pm »

lawastooshort and borno haven't posted, so I won't be able to wrap up Day One today, unfortunately.  Even more unfortunately I'll be gone for the next week.  Behave yourselves in my absence, now!

Bugger. Oh well, have fun in Italy!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15