Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17745 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day Two
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2012, 03:32:04 am »

Get up before dawn, head to city, and try to hunt a rabbit for lunch.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:23 am »

may i join the waiting list?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:59 pm »

Sure.  The list's a little bit long, though, so I'll have to get to killing people off.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2012, 01:51:49 pm »

Sure.  The list's a little bit long, though, so I'll have to get to killing people off.
ok *go sit in a corner*
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2012, 04:01:10 pm »

Welp, any port in a storm. Or boat, as the case may be.

Old Alan will stay in the boat for tonight.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

quick question, low fantasy mean no magic?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »

quick question, low fantasy mean no magic?

Low fantasy: No elven kingdoms, dragons or unicorns on rainbows.

Still, magic is possible, I believe.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2012, 03:51:23 am »

PTW
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Fifteen!
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »

Turn fifteen, and the start of day three.  Low fantasy is basically what Caerwyn described, though low-level magic is possible in this world and you'll see a lot of animals you won't see anywhere on Earth.  Maybe a few surprises down the road, who knows?  ;)

Jared replies "I... I... I don't know, really.  Would you folks care if I hitched a ride with you?  I'll work, and only ask for food and shelter in return."
[5] The guards look sympathetic to the injured amnesiac wanderer and the weapons pointed at Jared are lowered.  He is turned around and led to a cart at the back of the caravan where he is given a bedroll for the night.
When Jared wakes the next morning he eats the modest breakfast given to him and takes a look around.  Overnight the caravan has made it to the City gates, where the wagons at the front are already being searched by City guards.

Rukukin sets off to where he judges he saw the second village.  After many a stubbed toe in the darkness he [1] realizes he's lost.  Also tired and hungry.  But mostly lost.
With the light of the rising sun Rukukin finally sees the village he was searching for, exactly opposite him across the river.

Jake frisks the skeleton, [4-1] and discovers a rusted arrow in its torso.  It might be possible to get a spark from this.
Jake's stomach growls and he realizes he hasn't eaten in days.  He also hasn't slept for a while - there's no light down here but it feels like it's been hours since he fell.

Eggen gets up before dawn and starts on his journey back to the City.  On the way he keeps an eye out for small animals [3] but never gets a clear look at anything, only glimpses of squirrels and rabbits and flashes of movement out of the corner of his eye.  At least he still has his supplies in case the hunger gets unbearable.

Old Alan finds a more-or-less intact bed to sleep in overnight, and some more-or-less edible food to eat the next morning.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2012, 07:59:04 pm »

Rukukin is going to make a RAFT. +1 to construction, right?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »

See if the guards won't notice me in the cart. If need be, climb off and hang onto the bottom of the cart until it gets inside the city.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:05 pm »

Try and light the torch with sparks, if unsuccessful, try and climb again. Else, venture deeper!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2012, 03:50:15 am »

Carry on into town, then. Upon getting to town, find a cheap inn where I can sleep and eat for as little as possible.

((in the morning I will have two days to meet the man and get back, right?))

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2012, 07:10:12 am »

Old Alan will inspect the boat a bit more closely and see if it would be a good place to set up a base.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Sixteen!
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

Sixteenth turn.

Rukukin yawns and sets about gathering wood for a raft.  The wood's easy enough to find, [1+1] but wait... that can't be right.  He's no shipwright, but surely a raft doesn't consist of just two wood planks strapped to your feet?

Jared climbs under the wagon and holds onto the bottom as the caravan inches forward.  Finally, the guards get around to checking his wagon [3] and find Jake, dragging him out and pushing him around a bit before the caravan leader steps forward. 
"Stop that!  Look, the man is with me.  We picked him up back in the woods, half-eaten by spiders and without a destination.  I took pity and took him under my wing, so just hand him back if you please."
With reluctance Jake is given back and the wagon is allowed to pass unopposed.

Jake strikes the arrowhead against the stone floor [3] and manages to get a few sparks before it breaks.  The torch catches a spark and smoulders but doesn't give off much light.  By its feeble light Jake tries to climb up out of his hole [5] and does so with ease, even managing to keep the torch warm.

Eggen (who has three days to finish his mission) heads for the City gates, [2] where he's stopped by a guard.
"Hey!  I know you... aren't you that gladiator that got tossed out of the City a couple days ago?  What're you doing, trying to get back in here?"

Old Alan looks around the wreck.  Shelter, supplies, a bed... looks like it could make a good base, as long as he doesn't mind hosting various treasure hunters and salvagers trying to nick his new stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15