Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17753 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day Two
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »

Try and find some flint.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »

Rukukin will loot...EVERYTHING (worthwhile). If there's anything valuable, useful or in-between, he's grabbing that and hold onto it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:45:11 am by Caerwyn »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2012, 04:04:21 am »

Request a day's worth of food, head to the city at first light! Take my spear and the most direct route. Oh, and ask if anyone's willing to trade an iron bar for a decent new spear.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2012, 10:16:08 am »

Get up, and continue down the path, maybe I can encounter a hobo or something. Like a Medical Hobo.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:14 pm »

Old Alan will shrug and continue down the road. That young man didn't look much like King Whatsisface at all. And usually fishermen don't have anything worth stealing.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Thirteen!
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2012, 12:34:42 am »

Turn thirteen.  That's more than twelve.  Also, happy Halloween everyone!

Jake looks around the cave for some flint.  [1] As he takes a closer look at a likely looking wall, his foot slips, and Jake tumbles several meters down into the deep, dark tunnels at the back of the cave.  Though he's uninjured, it's too dark for him to see his own hands in front of his face, let alone a way back up.

Rukukin searches the entire village for anything worthwhile.  [2] After a while he comes to the conclusion that there's absolutely nothing of value to find.  Everything down to the brooms and crockery is gone, not to mention the people.

Eggen gathers supplies for a day's journey and his spear stick, preparing to head to the City at first light of the new day.
[3] While waiting around to leave, Eggen offers his iron bar to various friendly bandits, and eventually gets himself a rusty iron spear in return.

Jared gets up and dusts himself off before continuing down the path.  [6+1] Finally, just as he's about to collapse from fatigue, he sees a caravan heading down the path toward him.  It looks like they might have some medical supplies with them.  Just in case any of the numerous armed guards is hurt.

Old Alan leaves the poor fisherman alone, deciding to try his luck somewhere else on the road.  [3+2] He quickly finds a large ship, a merchant freighter most likely, beached, probably in the last day or so.  The ship looks undamaged (except for being on its side), and there's nobody in sight.  Old Alan could probably climb in and look around discreetly if he so wished.

The sun is beginning to set.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:54 am »

Sleep and rest. Then set out at sunrise, taking the biggest and busiest roads.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:52 am »

Walk up to the Caravan, and try to charm them in letting me travel with them. Ask if I could use some of the medicine at the very least.

((Thanks, Remalle, for giving me an opportunity to use my Persuasion ski- OH WAIT YOU LET ME CHANGE IT.  :-[))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »

Rukukin will continue to wander in the mountain hills, looking for some form of civilization...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2012, 01:51:54 pm »

Bumble around in the dark, and look for anything to help.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

Old Alan will climb into the freighter and take a look around.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Fourteen!
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »

Turn fourteen, and the end of day two.

Eggen goes to sleep, readying himself to set out at first light.

Jared heads up and waits for the caravan to stop.  When they do, he heads up to the first wagon and asks his question.
[6] "Hey, give me your medicine!  Now!"  Fortunately he catches himself before he starts waving his spear around, but the guards give him dirty glares and half-ready their weapons.  One of the guards take a quick look at Jared's arm and nods at somebody in a wagon further back, who runs up with a rather bulky bag and begins work on Jared's arm.  [5] It's quickly as good as new, and Jared starts walking further down the road.  Before he can get far, however, somebody sticks a bow in his back and demands, "Who are you?  What's your business here?  Where are you heading?"

Rukukin abandons the eerie abandoned village and takes advantage of the limited remaining light to search for actual civilization.  [4] Just as the sun sets he catches sight of another small settlement on the river, one that's probably actually possibly inhabited.  Maybe.

Jake gropes around in the darkness for anything helpful, like a convenient tinder box, or a magic ring.  [4-1] He finds that he's standing on a human skeleton, and after some searching he finds in its bony fingers a torch!

Old Alan climbs into the wrecked ship and takes a look around.  [6] Despite the outside appearance, the inside walls and floors are near completely destroyed, cargo and furniture and bodies alike strewn around what was once the interior port hull, now the floor. 

The sun has set.  It is now night.  Day Three will start next turn.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

I...I...I don't know, really. Would you folks care if I hitched a ride with you? I'll work, and only ask for food and shelter in return.

Ask this.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »

Rukukin will now head to that village, post-haste!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »

See if the skeleton was carrying any flint and tinder on it. Failing that, find a stone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15