Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17746 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day Two
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »

Jab at the Spider's head with my spear!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:03 pm »

Search for food.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2012, 06:14:24 am »

"I'm sure he would have done the same..."

Shake the hand of the one-eyed bandit, hoping that we can be friends.

Speak to the boss and join their band!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

Rukukin, now refreshed, will meditate for a few hours to restore his stamina and clear his mind. Perhaps while meditating, he'll try and focusE on nearby animals such as birds, rabbit and deer; - Try to gently sift through their thoughts, and "See" through the eyes of his unknowing scouts.

If this goes bad, it'll be AWESOME. And, if it goes well...AWESOME...Er?

Man! I feel great. Woke up to a RtbaB, a MH RTD and starting out Roll to escape the Laboratory!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 06:59:45 pm »

Waiting on ReDeadEr.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:04 am »

Sorry, I kind of forgot to keep checking to see if this was back.

Old Alan will continue down the road, to see where it takes him.

Sorry again for holding things up.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Eleven!
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:02 pm »

Turn eleven.

Jared reacts quickly and thrusts his spear into the hunting spider's eyes, [2]vs[3] but his lack of expertise with the weapon lets him down and he misses.  The spider lunges back, [5]vs[2] sinking its venomous fangs into Jared's arm and poisoning him!

Jake puts some distance between himself and the beast before continuing his search for food.  [5-2] He eventually finds the carcass of some unidentifiable animal that hasn't completely rotted away.  It won't be pleasant, but there's enough meat on its bones to eat if Jake is careful about cooking it.

Eggen shakes the hand of the spearman he blinded, saying he's sure he would've done the same, as he's led off by the lieutenant to see the bandit boss.  The spearman doesn't say anything but looks livid.
The lieutenant leads him into the largest tent in the camp, wherein resides the boss of the band, a portly man with a mean face.  He looks up from his charts and glances at Eggen, and converses quietly with the lieutenant for a few minutes.  Finally, he turns back and grins widely, showing off his array of missing, blackened and gold teeth.
"So yer Eggen, eh?  M'lieutenant's told me all about yeh.  So I hear yer looking to join our merry group... and as it is we've got a spot open fer a fighter.  How 'bout we say a full share of any loot yeh have a part in acquirin' fer yer services, and we fix that shoulder of yers fer free?  Howzat sound to yeh?"

Rukukin finishes his meal of berries and river water and sits down under the shade of a large leafy tree.  He meditates for a while, restoring his strength, and as he does so reaches out for the minds of the small animals all around him.
[4] He quickly finds the mind of a small bird high above him, perfect for what he's trying.  Its thoughts aren't too interesting; it's focused on looking for predators, prey, and potential mates.  Looking through its eyes is far more fruitful, as Rukukin now has a good idea of the area surrounding him.  Behind him is the desert, surrounding him are mountains, ahead of him are even more mountains, and there's a small settlement just upriver from here.  It doesn't look like a bandit settlement, either.

Old Alan keeps heading down the road without a specific destination in mind.  [3] The only thing he can see besides the ocean, the sand and the City wall, is a small fishing hut built over the water.  It's hard to say if anyone's home.

The sun has passed its highest position in the sky and is now beginning its descent towards the horizon.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:52:05 pm by Remalle »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2012, 07:12:11 pm »

Rukukin will head to the settlement, and converse with the people there. Maybe he can do odd jobs for them, to earn some clothes, and perhaps tools? Maybe he could put his Craftsman skill to work, repairing old tools, or, if they have a blacksmith, maybe making them some new ones? And perhaps forge himself a nice spear-head, to attach to a solid stick.

Fiiiii~rst

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:40 pm »

Find some wood, and a new place to stay.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »

This place doesn't look like it's particularly rich, and Old Alan just went over that thing about not taking more than you need earlier. Or maybe that nice young man did. Hmm. Well either way, even if Old Alan wasn't, that place probably didn't have a lot of money. Unless maybe the King's bastard lives here. Does the King have a bastard? Which King is this one, again? He threw Old Alan into the arena, so it probably wasn't Ulder the Merciful. Wait, was Ulder the Merciful a real King, or one from a legend? Is that even his name? Is an Orca a type of fish?

...Ah well, worth checking.

Go up to the hut and see if anybody's home.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:24:15 pm by ReDeadEr »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2012, 11:34:11 pm »

KEEP FECKIN' STABBING. Once the spider is killed, use some hide to patch up my arm.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2012, 05:09:20 pm »

Waiting on lawastooshort.  We're always waiting for someone, aren't we?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2012, 07:03:22 pm »

Yes. Yes, we are...Dagnabbit people, post already!

Did anybody PM him?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2012, 03:16:12 pm »

((Sorry...))

"Gladly, boss. I'll show you I can fight as well as any of your men, and I don't have scruples! I'll be happy to get this shoulder looked at too..."

Accept! Get healed and try to get on a mission as soon as possible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Twelve!
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »

Turn twelve.  That's almost thirteen.

Rukukin releases the mind of the bird and heads upstream to where he spotted the settlement.  [1] When he arrives Rukukin tries to find somebody to talk to, to ask for a job, but nobody's around.  In fact, it looks like this settlement's been abandoned for a few years.  Maybe he could find out what happened?

Jake continues his wanderings, [6-2] finding himself a respectable bundle of wood and an empty cave.  Nothing seems to live here, or rather, nothing appears to be living in the upper portion of the cave, the part that Jake can see.  The farther and lower parts of the cave are too dark to explore without a torch.

Old Alan walks up to the fishing hut and bangs on the door.
[6+1] The fisherman living there opens the door and immediately Old Alan begins talking.  "Excuse me young man, would you happen to be King Ulder's bastard?  I was looking for some necessities to steal while King Ulder's bastard is out fishing for orcas."
By the end of his introduction Old Alan has realized that the door was shut in his face sometime in the middle of his speech.  And that the door was left unlocked.

Jared grits his teeth and [2-1]vs[1] gently flails in the spider's direction before dropping his spear.  The hunting spider scuttles away, but Jared can still hear it's rattling breath in the darkness, just waiting for him to succumb to its venom.
Fortunately, the dose was light, and the ill effects of the poisoning are already wearing off.  The bite has coagulated, too, so Jared won't need to worry about bleeding out.  Still might want to get it looked at, though.

Eggen happily accepts the bandit chief's offer.  A medic takes a look at his shoulder, declares it only a flesh wound, and works his magic, and soon Eggen's shoulder is as good as new.
[6] He gets an opportunity to field test it immediately too.  The clan is looking to expand operations into the City and needs an advance agent, and Eggen's volunteered.  He'll simply need to enter the City, deliver a sealed letter to a certain merchant, and return to the camp within three days.  Eggen is given ten gold coins, and told he'll be allowed to keep half of whatever money he earns while inside the City.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15