Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17762 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Nine!
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2012, 03:18:38 pm »

Sorry about the delay, been busy.  Turn nine has finally arrived.

Jake readies the stone he's been carrying around and backs away.  [2] He slips on a collection of loose gravel and quickly regains his footing, but not before the dire bear's noticed him.  It growls and begins to lumber towards him.

Jared uses his rags to polish the spear a bit, then uses it as a walking stick as he heads further into the forest, using his hand mirror for a little light.  [2+1] He eventually finds a path and heads along it, stopping when he finds a webbed-up corpse lying across it.

Rukukin nods graciously and bids the soldiers good luck as he keeps heading west.  [4-1] Just as he's about to give up, he crests one last dune and sees the Embertop mountains stretching before him.

Eggen gets into position as the spearman approaches.  [3+1+1-1]vs(1+2) The bandit is caught off-guard by Eggen's spinning counter and receives a cut across the forehead, which starts bleeding into his eyes.

Old Alan heads towards the guard, who sees him coming and tenses up.
"...seventeen potatoes, and then the archaeologist tells me he can't tell me the reason, you see.  Now, in my time there's been but one thing I've not understood.  Politicians and cabbage have many things in common, they tell me..."
[3+1] The guard sighs irritably and walks off for the beach, leaving the wagon unattended.  Old Alan takes a look inside; it looks like the wagon is full of coin and rich clothing.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:59:31 pm by Remalle »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day Two
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »

Grab some gravel and throw it! Run!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:18 pm »

Taking advantage of the slight blood-eye problem, leap on the bandit, knock him to the ground, and stab him viciously and repeatedly in the face until he dies or surrenders!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

Can I switch my bonus to "Crafting (+1 to creating items)"?

Rukukin will head post-haste to the mountains, keeping an eye out for nearby sources of food or water.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

"Eww..."

Cringing, Jared goes around the tangled body. He continues along the path, nonetheless.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:16 pm »

Well, since you haven't used your bonus yet, I suppose I can do that.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

Well, since you haven't used your bonus yet, I suppose I can do that.

Cool! Thanks, mate. What will it entail, though? Considering things like tailoring, forging and constructing are oft considered different things...Maybe I should just be a blacksmith?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »

Basic objects.  Like attaching a rock to a stick to make a hammer, not forging an epic space sword of +5 vorpalness.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2012, 05:54:22 pm »

Basic objects.  Like attaching a rock to a stick to make a hammer, not forging an epic space sword of +5 vorpalness.

Then, can I have it as "Smithing"? I want to forge decent weaponry. Not, like, uh...Epic space swords of +5 vorpalness's...

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »

Also, may change my skill to something along the lines of finding Shinies? I don't think I'll have any use of Silvertongued out here, unless I'll be able to talk my way out of a bear fight.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:47 pm »

What... but... you can all just change your abilities on a whim...
I'll see what I can do in a little while.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2012, 07:31:04 pm »

Well, why not include an in-game way to change (Or earn a new) specific talent? Then we could challenge ourselves, and if we succeed, get a new perk or so. Maybe through dreams?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

Just train or perform a specific skill enough times and you'll earn a new ability.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »

Old Alan takes enough coin to buy food for about a week, and preferably a coinpurse, but no more. He invented Not Taking More Than You Need, you know. Or maybe it was the exclamation point. Well, he invented something.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Ten!
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2012, 10:16:58 pm »

Clear!  *zap*
It's alive!
And now, turn the tenth.  Greenstarfanatic, your ability has been changed per your request.

Jake grabs a handful of gravel and throws it, [3] distracting the beast just long enough to gain some distance on it.  [4] The dire bear growls and keeps an eye on Jake but doesn't follow him.

Eggen [3] tackles the bandit to his knees, then [3+1-1]vs(4-1-1) sticks him in the eye.
"Please... no more..."
As soon as the spearman surrenders a pair of bandits run up and bind both combatants wounds.  The lieutenant grudgingly addresses Eggen.
"You did pretty well.  You didn't have to blind our man to get that point across, though.  If you want I can take you to the boss now, and he'll let you join our group, then we'll see about getting that shoulder fixed.  Or you can be on your way if you want."

Rukukin picks up the pace as he hikes towards the mountains.  [5+1] Pretty soon he comes across a rushing river and takes a drink and some berries to eat; soon he's feeling pretty good.  It doesn't look like there's any way to cross the river.

Jared steps gingerly around the corpse and continues down the path.  [5+1] He spots a few coins under a tree, but when he looks up, he finds himself face-to-face with a hunting spider.  It makes a vague half-hissing, half-rattling noise at him.

Old Alan grabs a handful of coin and a coinpurse, ending up with 16 gold total.  "I invented senility, you know," he says to nobody in particular as he hobbles away.
Later, the guard that let him get away with the gold will remember his face... Old Alan's notoriety increases by [5*7]!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:18:29 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15