Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17775 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Five!
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:46 pm »

Turn five!  Short turn this time as everyone goes to sleep for the night.  Except for Caerwyn, who will get a small penalty for staying up all night.  The next turn will be the first turn of Day Two.  Also, borno's out, IronyOwl is in once he submits his sheet.

Jake returns to his crevice and settles down for the night, but not before looking around for something to burn.  The damaged sack or his own rags would burn, but he doesn't have anything to start a fire with, so he just goes to sleep.

Rukukin keeps heading west until he finds the campsite of the human presence he felt.  [6] It turns out to be several people, actually; it's a squad of soldiers from the City.  Three of them are asleep in their tents; the fourth is on watch, [3] and is looking in Rukukin's direction, though he hasn't spotted him just yet.

Old Alan knocks on the door of the indicated house and inquires about lodgings.  [5+1] He is immediately taken in and put to bed.

Eggen follows the bandits back to their camp and they wordlessly accept his presence.  He finds an empty bedroll and goes to sleep for the night.

Bogdan sleeps on.  He never wakes up...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day One
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2012, 06:05:08 pm »

Wake up, begin exploring. Try and find somebody to rob.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »

Rukukin will sneak up to the alert guard, and shove a pointed stick somewhere that'll kill him quickly. Then, loot whatever's not near the sleeping guards, and leave! (A la, packs, loose gear, stuff on the dead guard/etc.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:23 am »

Old Alan will set off down the road in some random direction, deliberately attempting to look like nothing more than a harmless old man in an attempt to draw fellow bandits out of hiding and cause other travelers to lower their guards.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:49 am »

Next morning, find/request food, and then remind the bandits about that duel!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Six!
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

Turn six, and the start of day two.  Sorry for the wait.  If IronyOwl doesn't submit a character sheet by the next turn Greenstarfanatic is in.

Jake wakes up the next morning and and explores the area surrounding his shelter.  [5-2] He finds some dry water holes and riverbeds, and a lot of dead trees, and the skeleton of some giant animal.  Speaking of which, the wasteland wolf he killed yesterday has been stripped to the bone overnight.
Though there are some tracks around, they were clearly left quite a while ago.  Doubtless whoever left them is long gone.

Rukukin sneaks up on the watchful soldier, no small feat when the soldier is looking straight at him.  At least the rising sun behind him provides some cover. [1+1] Despite being momentarily blinded by the sun the soldier quickly spots Rukukin and points his spear at him.
"Who goes there?"

Old Alan is woken up the following morning, fed, and all but kicked out.  He heads north along the road, trying his best to look like a harmless old man (which isn't difficult), [5+2] when he encounters what looks like a noble family and their personal guards enjoying themselves on the beach.  Their belongings have all been stuffed into their wagon, where a single guard has been posted.  He looks rather annoyed at having to be the one that doesn't get to have fun in the sun.

Eggen wakes up and finds some stale bread that nobody's claimed.  Once he's eaten he finds the bandit lieutenant and reminds him about the duel.
"Oh, that.  If you really want to, go right ahead.  You win, you get to name your terms, you lose, you lose your share of the raid last night.  And you'll be dead."
Eggen and the bandit spearman are placed in a circle together.  Eggen wields his rags and his pointy stick while the bandit spearman is armoured with leather and armed with a heavy iron spear.
"No leaving the circle, now.  Begin!"

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:10:43 pm by Remalle »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Day Two
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »

Rukukin will act as though he is parched with thirst, and beg some water. ((No bold, in a phone))

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

Old Alan will wander up to the guard, Old Man-like, and strike up a half-meaningful, half-nonsensical metaphors conversation about how one should seize the day and enjoy their youth while they can still do so.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 02:12:22 am »

((You could put the bold tags in manually, Caerwyn ;) ))

Eggen waits for the enemy to approach, then swiftly sidesteps and jabs his spear into the enemy's neck!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:13 am »

((You could put the bold tags in manually, Caerwyn ;) ))

Eggen waits for the enemy to approach, then swiftly sidesteps and jabs his spear into the enemy's neck!

Huh? Nyah, I usually do that. The whole typing out [/b] and stuff. Too hard on the phone though, those fucking brackets are hidden from me.

Plus, I'm not very good with technology...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

Pick a direction. Walk.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2012, 04:05:23 am »

Welp, IronyOwl's out and Greenstarfanatic is in.  I don't know when the next turn will be up, but hopefully I get his submission sheet by then.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2012, 09:05:31 am »

((Really? Cool. Sheet coming within the next half hour. Or right now.))

Name: Jared Collen
Description: Surprisingly good looking for a bandit. Blonde hair, green eyes, kinda muscular, and has a surprisingly high voice. Often wears different clothes depending on his mood, but he's stuck with..brown...or something, so he's sticking with Giddy as his mood for now.
Background: As a child, Jared was spoiled. His parents were rich, and he ended getting everything he wanted in life. Until he hit 18. His parents started running out of money from his elaborate requests, so they kicked him out to go get a job. That job? A cutpurse. A Thief. A...Bandit. He would come home every day with sacks of gold, and his parents were ecstatic, if not confused. He had never held a job in his life, what makes him so good now? He was able to distract people with his charm long enough for him to swipe their valuables. Once his parents found out from an anonymous tip, they were torn about what to do. Ultimately, they turned him over, and he spent years in Jail. Surprisingly, he was able to maintain his looks through those years, and still tries to use them to his advantage.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:15:05 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Seven!
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2012, 06:47:53 pm »

Seventh turn, and the entrance of Greenstarfanatic.

Rukukin stumbles and falls to his hands and knees.  He licks his lips and looks pleadingly up at the soldier.  "Please..." he rasps, "...water."
[1] The soldier sneers.  "Don't try to pull that garbage.  I saw you trying to sneak up on us, so turn around and keep walking, thief."

Old Alan wanders up to the lone man guarding the noble family's valuables.
[5+1] "You know," he says in his best 'old man' voice (it's a good one), "when I was but a lad, I realized a strange thing.  You see, when two birds meet each other for the first time, they have themselves a fight.  It's proper bird behaviour, you see.  Now, I see you standing here with your whatsit and your things, and I think to myself 'say, a proper young man like yourself, what's he doing without a radish?'  Radishes are good for your digestion, you see.  Where was I?  As, yes.  When I was but a lad, I encountered a businessman selling goats one day, and he said to me words I've cherished my entire life.  He told me... hmm, what did he tell me... as yes, he told me that the crying hounds of War reek like havoc.  It just goes to show, even War itself can't be bothered to give his dogs a bath, you see.  Now, my boy, where are your keys?  You left home without your keys?  Oh deary me, the last time I left my keys at home was the Fourteenth Cave War, and let me tell you, as I was standing on my doorstep with no keys I got drafted!  Yes, I was made to fight in that war and I lost both my legs and half of my liver.  You see, it just goes to show..."
The bored guard turns Old Alan around and gently pushes him along down the road for a while before returning to his post, exhaling in relief now that the rambling old man's out of earshot.

Eggen circles the bandit spearman cautiously, waiting for him to make the first move.  (4+2-1)vs[1+1] The spearman strikes too fast for Eggen to react and jabs deep into his shoulder!  [2] Eggen is bleeding!

Jake spins around and starts walking in the direction he's facing.  [1] He doesn't actually know which direction he's walking, but it has to lead somewhere, right?  As it turns out, "somewhere" means "right back where he started".

Meanwhile, outside the City walls...
Jared Collen, the green-eyed charmer, stirs feebly and opens his eyes.  Sitting up, he realizes he's surrounded by dead people.
It appears that after his disastrous showing in that arena match he and the rest of the losers were tossed out of the [3]rd gate of the City with and left for dead.  The third gate of the city is the Forest Gate, which leads to Spinner's Grove, likely the largest and most ancient forest in the world.  Though food and shelter will be easy to find, the deadly wildlife and lack of major roads makes most people avoid the forest if they can.
Checking his rags Jared finds the hand mirror he's kept with him for all these years.  A gift from his parents, it could come in handy for... something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2012, 06:57:47 pm »

((Blast.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15