Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecart question!  (Read 726 times)

chairo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minecart question!
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:17:06 am »

Hello! I seem to have a problem with my minecart system!

I setup a small stockpile, and a small track, to take wood from outside the fort, and drop it into a hole that then goes down into my fort, and ends near the carpentry room.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to set it up so the Dwarves don't take the now dropped wood back to the stockpile. Short of micromanagement, that is. Any help? I don't think setting it to drop off at a stockpile would work (Can stockpiles do the quantum dump trick if they're all dropped onto a single stockpile?), as it drops down.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart question!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

You can quantum stockpile after a drop. The only thing that matters is the item ending up on the same tile as a stockpile that accepts the item. Bins don't play nice with the stockpile -> cart -> stockpile setup, but that's something to keep in mind for the future since logs don't use them.

Do be careful about access to the tile at the bottom of the drop. Objects do falling damage.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.