Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "High luxury"?  (Read 3859 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: "High luxury"?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 04:38:38 pm »

I think all dwarves start out with their cave adaptation at zero. Apparently the mountainhomes are very keen on their lit-up meeting areas.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 08:19:51 pm »

I've read that CMD vampires are easy to have around. Not because they're CMDs particularly, but because the player likes to make medical dwarves hang around the hospital and dwarves like to crash in the hospital. The vampire can go get a snack the moment they get bloodthirsty, so they don't have time to build up a thirst that would drain a dwarf.

Never tried this myself though.
Wow, that's actually pretty convenient then! I'll be keeping a close eye on her.

Just lock the vampire in a small room and see does he get hunger or thirst. Vampires DON'T need to drink blood in fortress mode, and they don't get the downward arrows in their tile indicating any hunger or thirst.
I haven't tried this yet, but the wiki says that they do drink blood in Fortress Mode. Do you mean they'll be fine if they don't, but otherwise still try to?

I think all dwarves start out with their cave adaptation at zero. Apparently the mountainhomes are very keen on their lit-up meeting areas.
Yep. Then they come to my fortress, & gradually become troglobites which, due to lack of a lighting system, I'm guessing either see in solid darkness or rely on their beards for sensing minute changes in air currents. :-\

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 05:00:52 am »

Yes, I meant that they do drink blood, but they don't NEED to. So a vampire can survive forever in Fortress mode, as long as it's kept sane.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 05:15:54 am »

you can make her your beekeeper , make a lot of bee hives near her and fill them with bees , she will be sentenced for eternal pain because of bee stings , to purge her soul .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »

Wow, that's actually pretty convenient then! I'll be keeping a close eye on her.
Pretty convenient if it works. If you do decide to risk it, post results. Science on free-range vampires is lacking data.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »

Well, friends, when you're right, you're right.

Beloved Besmar, our thrice worthy & most scholarly record-keeper belongs to the stone now, all because of my naïve skepticism! Despite her facility with medicine, the craven night creature entrusted to heal her charges, not drink them dry like beer kegs, will be weeded out & "disciplined".

Note that I did not actually designate a hospital yet, & that this happened in the barracks, while most dwarves were asleep. If the reasoning is that CMD vampires won't drain dwarves like this because they presumably have plenty of patients from which to feed a little at a time, I can't see how it would've been different with a room that's filled with snoozing dwarves around the clock. I'm also not too keen on risking the life of another; this was my second bookkeeper. Poor Bim, the last one, seemed to be a few gallons short of a barrel...

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »

Alas poor Besmar, your sacrifice in the name of science will not go unused.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 06:36:02 am »

It's rumored though that reasonable size may prevent a being (dwarf maybe?) from dying when a vampire sucks blood from them. Has anyone ever seen a dwarf just getting the "pale" tag to their health screen from a vampire bite?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:00 am »

i once had a sacred slaughter migrate to my fort .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 09:19:21 am »

Sounds like a pretty fucked up dwarfy religion.
Pages: 1 [2]