Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40097 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:03 pm »

If you want legal threats, you can get blacklisted if you get a refund. What ever they mean by blacklisted, I have no idea.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »

If you want legal threats, you can get blacklisted if you get a refund. What ever they mean by blacklisted, I have no idea.
At some point, it meant banned from forums, game, and from ever buying the game again (sic.).
Anyway, I didn't get any of the 3, which says quite long.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:12 pm »

You can still get banned from forums and game without being blacklisted anyways. At least you get money back with a refund.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

tl;dr Cash grab is cash grab, everyone go and play something the gives you what it advertises, like DayZ

DayZ advertises an "art experience" that's specifically designed to not be enjoyable.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »

I believe it means you get reported to your payment processors (if you bought on their site) as untrustworthy and possibly a scammer. So, yeah.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:04 pm »

Apparently it was just removed from steam.   I think you can still visit the store page, but it won't let you buy it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »

Apparently it was just removed from steam.   I think you can still visit the store page, but it won't let you buy it.

Yup.

Also, more hilarity.  Even the title image was cobbled together from spare parts.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

Yup.

Also, more hilarity.  Even the title image was cobbled together from spare parts.

Oh god, you're kidding, right? Because if that's true, the devs have a big problem. Using human photographic subjects without their express permission is, IIRC, illegal. And I'm willing to bet they didn't obtain permission.  :o

Shady or unethical actions are one thing. Borderline criminal actions, on the other hand...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2012, 01:51:17 pm »

Oh, I am so glad I posted to watch this. I love internet drama!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2012, 02:01:49 pm »

This just keeps getting better and better, oh how I love when douches get their just dessert. (They have not quite gotten it yet) exposed for what they are.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:05:52 pm by Aptus »

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2012, 02:03:03 pm »

Yup.

Oh god, you're kidding, right? Because if that's true, the devs have a big problem. Using human photographic subjects without their express permission is, IIRC, illegal. And I'm willing to bet they didn't obtain permission.  :o

Shady or unethical actions are one thing. Borderline criminal actions, on the other hand...
But those are clearly zombie photographic subjects. I'm certain if you go back and read the title image again you'll see that it was just a huge mistake on your part.
... and then it explodes!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2012, 02:05:46 pm »

Refunds! Git your refunds here!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam/

Valve have decided that the game was released prematurely, so, yoink. You can still play though, if you really want.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »

You can no longer buy this at Steam for the time being and RockPaperShotgun already has a post about it. That was quick.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27