Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40117 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:23 am »

What I dont even

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2012, 10:01:57 am »

Wait, so League of Legends stole War Z's Legal Agreement? Those bastards.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09:30 am »

I really hope the creators get into a ton of legal trouble.

EDIT: Also http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=114076844

EDIT2: http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?64238-English-Forum-Rules

"NO Hacker threads period. Nothing related to Hackers/Hacking/Hacks. If it has the word "Hacker" In it; don't make it."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:21:19 am by justinlee999 »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2012, 01:47:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

Posting to watch the fireworks.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2012, 02:30:36 pm »

So does that mean that legally they can't ban anyone only riot can?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »

I hope the riot guys will unban everyone.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

I'm so glad that I'm a pessimistic asshole, otherwise I might of actually bought a pass for this game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »

So, here's Total Biscuit take on the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

I'm at 17 minutes right now out of 42, and yeah, it is interesting to see him suffer through it.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

I bought the game before the pre release (and had a refund a few days after).

They actually put the Ligue of Legends EULA (The "head" of OP productions, Sergey worked at Riot games, the same guy that insulted WarZ's players of gays and such). But I think they changed the EULA.

And there isn't enough words to describe how awful this game has turned out to be.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:36 pm »

This game is pretty fun though?

I bought it before or during the alpha, I forget exactly when, and played it for like 2 weeks solid. The only reason I don't play it more at the moment is due to work.

It's like DayZ but not designed by an idiot that hates the people who play his game! :P

Also that TOS thing is from the first beta release, which was months ago. Why are we all talking about it again?

The funny thing about this game is that much of the controversy surrounding it stems solely from the fact that somehow a game developer aping a popular game is considered a negative thing amongst most gamers. Dwarf Fortress comes out, and anyone trying to make a game in that genre is derided as a ripoff. Same with Minecraft, Same with DayZ, etc. Not saying that the Hammerpoint guys haven't dropped the ball quite a few times, but that impulse to just hate on anything that's similar to a game you really love (not talking about anyone in particular, just gamers in general) is really wierd to me.

Personally I like it when there's more of the things I like.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:49 pm »

The funny thing about this game is that much of the controversy surrounding it stems solely from the fact that somehow a game developer aping a popular game is considered a negative thing amongst most gamers.

Actually, I think most of the controversy about The War Z, at least from the recent purchasers on Steam, is the fact that it was effectively misrepresented on the Steam store - stating that key features were in place (e.g. up to 100 player per server) when this was not in fact the case.  This, coupled with an utter lack of any mention whatsoever about the beta (or 'foundation' or whatever euphemism is popular at the moment) status of the game means that an awful lot of people bought what they thought was a full-featured game and found instead that they got half of what was advertised.

Honestly, the Steam War Z forum is a car crash right now.  It isn't helped by the appointed moderator of that forum (who is also a mod on the War Z forums, apparently) actively deleting any thread that criticises the game or, indeed, contains information on how to get refunds from Steam (the moderator is instead trying to redirect people to the War Z developers' own refund system i.e. getting banned).

Hell, I haven't even played or bought the game and I'm finding just the out-of-game drama entertaining!  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2012, 08:03:18 pm »

Is there any truth to the 4 hour respawn thing and bans?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2012, 08:07:57 pm »

Well I said much of the controversy. The games had this sort of thing surrounding it since it was first announced, months before it was released. The Steam stuffs been going on for like a day or two.

Though not saying the game is in beta or alpha or whatever is pretty stupid, and the devs seem to be bad at community interaction/management in general. The game is still pretty fun though. :P

I do however find Total Biscuit whining about things in this game that he's had no problems with in other games kinda funny.

Is there any truth to the 4 hour respawn thing and bans?

AFAIK there is now 4 hour respawn timers, but I always just deleted my characters when they died anyway, it's not like you lose anything.

And bans I guess are true? I heard they banned a load of hackers recently. What specifically are you asking about?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:04 pm »

And bans I guess are true? I heard they banned a load of hackers recently. What specifically are you asking about?

Hackers would be the wrong word. Baiting items in "inaccessible" place isn't an anti-hack. Nor banning people that they know "would buy the game again if they get banned".

I can go on on the list of what's wrong in the game : game being accessible the first day of Alpha by both Alpha and Beta testers, the stealth system, the AI, the rendering system, the unique items given by devs, payment for clans, mod of WarInc (false ad), servers capacity, etc.

And of what's wrong outside of it : false advertisement, blatant lying, no communication at all dev/community, censorship, abusive bans, insults the players, changement of what offers a package after selling it, and so on.

And I'm not even talking about some flaws of the gameplay, which would have been acceptable.

Though not saying the game is in beta or alpha or whatever is pretty stupid
That's basically what they did the whole time. Vaporware.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27