Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40095 times)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

Finding another player who doesn't immediately shoot me or bash my skull in is great. It's only happened once, but hey. Ran into each other at the airport, he had a hammer and I had two M4's and a 9mm. Gave him an M4 and we searched the rest of the airport and moved over to the Lonetree farm. Went well at first, but it was night and we couldn't tell how many zombies were in the area. We started getting stragglers attacking us as we searched and had to switch from melee to our guns. Ended up bringing about 7 or so zeds on us and my new buddy got eaten. Managed to gun down the rest though. He gave me the okay to loot his stuff. I salute you Mr. PIMP.

I want more of that. Screw this stupid bandit crap. I want to cooperate with other players against the zombie horde.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:03 pm »

Finding another player who doesn't immediately shoot me or bash my skull in is great. It's only happened once, but hey. Ran into each other at the airport, he had a hammer and I had two M4's and a 9mm. Gave him an M4 and we searched the rest of the airport and moved over to the Lonetree farm. Went well at first, but it was night and we couldn't tell how many zombies were in the area. We started getting stragglers attacking us as we searched and had to switch from melee to our guns. Ended up bringing about 7 or so zeds on us and my new buddy got eaten. Managed to gun down the rest though. He gave me the okay to loot his stuff. I salute you Mr. PIMP.

I want more of that. Screw this stupid bandit crap. I want to cooperate with other players against the zombie horde.

This is kinda one of those games where you REALLY have to play with a friend who you knew outside this game.

The fact that the WarZ/DayZ community is now comprised entirely of backstabbers and murderers is well known.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

What resolution do you guys run on?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:44 pm »

My monitors resolution of 1680x1050, with everything turned up to max.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »

Well I got punched to death the first building I went into.  This is going well so far...

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2012, 01:28:08 am »

This game really isnt a "team up with random strangers" game. There's no real reason at the moment not to murder everyone you see and take their stuff. It's basically a deathmatch game on a massive map with loot and zombies. The only reason I don't kill people is if I think they don't have anything worth looting. And even then I'll murder them if they do anything remotely suspicious.

They do have things planned to incentivise not murdering anyone you see, but even then it's still going to be really common.

As far as I know the only moderation you'll get against this is if you run a private server and password it. But then you'll get really shitty loot, since they don't want people running private servers to farm sniper rifles in peace.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2012, 02:03:59 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9dndmrVAMs&feature=plcp

an hour uncut gameplay by me.

god this game sucks

just gave me a big ol nasty headache

not to mention 7-8 char that got gunned down by group of supergunwielding arseholes
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2012, 02:22:25 am »

This game is currently testing things like physics and drop rates.  Expect player interaction to get overhauled, right now they're just making sure the wheels run, installing the steering wheel is part of the beta proces.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2012, 08:14:06 am »

Isn't it released in a few weeks?

Also,this is more early beta then anything.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

If anyone's about, I've got a live alt or two, no gear at all.  You want to hook up on a server and try and do something impressive?  Food seems to be a huge concern, and I've been stockpiling anything remotely useful into my global bank.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »

If anyone's about, I've got a live alt or two, no gear at all.  You want to hook up on a server and try and do something impressive?  Food seems to be a huge concern, and I've been stockpiling anything remotely useful into my global bank.

Girl i can play tomorrow if your free ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

I'd have to shell out and buy it tomorrow, but I'll probably make a trip down to the bank anyways.  After a successful run through the airfield on my main account, I think I rather like this game!  Once you win a little, it feels good.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2012, 05:40:56 pm »

yeah I'd be up for a play tonight or tomorrow
Nom nom nom

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile