Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40022 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 06:18:16 pm »

The producer of Big Rigs, Sergey Titov, is the guy who founded the company which is making this game.

I am a little skeptical of this game..
They have no footage of this game in action. Those screenshots can easily be fabricated in a trial version of UDK/photoshop.
Considering the DayZ craze, I find it a little weird that their game is called The Way Z. They are already asking for preorders.. They shown nothing of the game.

I call bullshit on this one.. At least until they actually show something substantial.
They're not asking for pre-orders yet. They've specifically said that they're going to release a gameplay video first, then open up pre-orders.

malloc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »

They're not asking for pre-orders yet. They've specifically said that they're going to release a gameplay video first, then open up pre-orders.

My bad, but it looked like they were asking for preorders when they had a big red PREORDER NOW button on their menu. But apparently not.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 06:49:37 pm »

My bad, but it looked like they were asking for preorders when they had a big red PREORDER NOW button on their menu. But apparently not.
That leads to a place to register your email and get a chance to participate in their closed beta. That said, if they are the developers of Big Rigs I foresee this project crashing and burning so hard, so epically it will become famous for being such huge failure.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »

Wait the creators of Big Rigs? Im so following this to see what happens.

Don't bother finding shelter, because zombies can walk straight through the walls. The only safe place is the outskirts of the map.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Don't bother finding shelter, because zombies can walk straight through the walls. The only safe place is the outskirts of the map.
Don't worry though, it's not like they will be able to touch you, or that they will have implemented the arcane concept of "losing".
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »

Don't worry though, it's not like they will be able to touch you, or that they will have implemented the arcane concept of "losing".

Edit: We should stop derailing the thread.
I just don't have a lot of faith in an unproven studio who appears to be jumping on a bangwagon.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:37:00 pm by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 08:27:47 pm »

Please, everyone, stop derailing the thread. Do what you want but don't shit up the thread. If you're not interested then leave, I'm not here to convert you, just here to discuss the game with people that want to :\

Edit:Also, an interview is up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:34:50 pm by x2yzh9 »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:19 pm »

Please, everyone, stop derailing the thread. Do what you want but don't shit up the thread. If you're not interested then leave, I'm not here to convert you, just here to discuss the game with people that want to :\

Sorry. Although to be technical, we are commenting about the game, it's just that we have no faith in what it will become considering their previous work. When they release the gameplay trailer I might be more generous.

If we ignore who the developers are, you mentioned that it is going to try to be a semi mmorpg with a zombie apocalypse setting with focus on the survival aspects instead of murdering loads of zombies: Sounds possibly fun, but depends a lot on the execution, this is the kind of thing that's pretty easy to screw up because some minor detail you didn't noticed. And that's when you remember their track record.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:57 am »

Sorry. Although to be technical, we are commenting about the game, it's just that we have no faith in what it will become considering their previous work. When they release the gameplay trailer I might be more generous.

If we ignore who the developers are, you mentioned that it is going to try to be a semi mmorpg with a zombie apocalypse setting with focus on the survival aspects instead of murdering loads of zombies: Sounds possibly fun, but depends a lot on the execution, this is the kind of thing that's pretty easy to screw up because some minor detail you didn't noticed. And that's when you remember their track record.
I can respect that, but when people just post stuff that's not really..Constructive to the discussion, it's just that. Not constructive. I've noticed a few posts like that throughout the thread but post like the one above I can respect.

Anyway, yea, I agree it's definitely hard to implement and one improperly balanced feature can ruin the entire game, yes, but at the same time no ones really done a game like this before(I guess you could point out DayZ, but dayz doesn't have all the features yet and Rocket has implemented features that were pretty controversial, and that horribly screwed up the balance of the game) so it could be really great or really bad. Then again, the closed betas hopefully going to generate a lot of feedback, and so hopefully they'll balance the game and possibly add new features based on the feedback.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 12:22:16 am »

I can respect that, but when people just post stuff that's not really..Constructive to the discussion, it's just that. Not constructive. I've noticed a few posts like that throughout the thread but post like the one above I can respect.

I do apologize for having a sense of humor about it. I wasn't trying to insult the creators or the game itself in any form or fashion, just make a jab at a previous game. We don't know the circumstances that gave birth to Big Rigs, so any attempt at seriously deriding the game for something with so little related to it can't be taken seriously.

In fact, I'd love to see more zombie games out there, good or bad. I've been hoping that a well-paced zombie game will balance survival, smashing zombie brains, and PvP for a while, and nothing's really hit the sweet spot that I've tried. I'll remain optimistic until they've got an Alpha to show off.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 04:09:04 pm »

I'd love to see actual videos of the game to be honest. But sounds like it'd be good IN THEORY.
Poysky Productions

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »

Well, they have said they are going to make a gameplay video and then open up pre-orders. Sounds like they're spending quite a bit of time on the gameplay video however, although if the game is ready for closed beta then I imagine it'd take quite a while to make a gameplay video that encompasses such a broad set of features. I'm just eager for pre-orders to go up because if the gameplay video is good, then I'm definitely going to pre-order.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »

Well, they have said they are going to make a gameplay video and then open up pre-orders. Sounds like they're spending quite a bit of time on the gameplay video however, although if the game is ready for closed beta then I imagine it'd take quite a while to make a gameplay video that encompasses such a broad set of features. I'm just eager for pre-orders to go up because if the gameplay video is good, then I'm definitely going to pre-order.
Judging from these guys history, wouldn't it be wiser to wait till it's actually out and reviewed/demoed/whatevered before buying? I would never, ever consider buying a game from the guys who made Big Rigs without solid evidence that it isn't garbage

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

well i put my email in, see if turns out something good or kinda meh like Urban Dead

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »

Judging from these guys history, wouldn't it be wiser to wait till it's actually out and reviewed/demoed/whatevered before buying? I would never, ever consider buying a game from the guys who made Big Rigs without solid evidence that it isn't garbage
It's an entirely different developement studio, I'm 99% sure I read that somewhere. Yes, sergey titov is a main part of the production team but I'm not going to base my purchase off of one developer that was simply involved in making big rigs. And I'm going to watch their gameplay video first, as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27