Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40062 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2012, 02:14:26 pm »

Wow wow wow. The WarZ forums looks more like a fucking battlefield than ever. And it was already pretty screwed up since the start.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:21:23 pm by PanH »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

This is going straight into internet history books. It's as if Israel nuked gasa, that much drama and reactions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2012, 02:54:47 pm »

Now they are apparently advertising "played best on Origin" on launcher/loading screen.
Nvm. Means the PC, not EA store.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:59:38 pm by anzki4 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »

The hilarity continues.

I won't be surprised if at the end of all this, they'll put up a huge sign somewhere saying "CHRISTMAS FOOLS!".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:06 pm »

Coming from the mastermind behind Big Rigs? We're still waiting for that April Fools joke to be confirmed...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:05 pm »

Hilarious video (take it with a bit of humor)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2012, 03:38:29 pm »

so is it possible to get a refund through paypal?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »

I think so. How did you buy it ?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2012, 03:51:44 pm »

..... uhmmmmm paypal ?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

..... uhmmmmm paypal ?
I think he was more wondering if it was pre or post Steam launch. Post steam launch you're almost guarnteed now with Valve axing it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »

..... uhmmmmm paypal ?

Dispute the charges on the grounds of faulty good/goods not as advertised if bought outside Steam, just raise a ticket if bought through Steam.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2012, 03:59:20 pm »

ehh i put a claim in through paypal might as well as try my luck. Maybe paypal know how much controversy is surrounding this game a well

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2012, 04:03:47 pm »

Valve’s Doug Lombardi responds to our asking why the game is no longer on sale saying,

“From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here (https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php).

Again, we apologize any inconvenience.”

AKA steam is giving refunds...otherwise...doesn't seem so.

Also...lolllzzzzz at that vid posted a few posts back.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »

Yea. If it's steam, Steam ticket, and you'll get refunded (on your wallet).

Else, contact paypal. If it's less than 40 days, you can do it online only (there's an option for fasle marketing, product isn't what was commanded). If it's more than 40 days, they'll probably refuse. You then have to contact them by phone, and they will accept.

Edit : There's a dev on the WarZ forums that says
"We are not going to abandon anything" (on behalf of the art team)
"as for business decisions, game features, and their implementations, I cant answer for that part  :("
I don't know if that's true, but that would be a bit sad if honest people were actually working there too. He's also being insulted and prayed nearly at the same times.

Also, how does your refund process is going ?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:11:40 pm by PanH »

Killjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2012, 06:13:26 pm »

I called this game out to be a cash grab right from the beginning. The initial teaser screenshots were obviously not game graphics, yet people believed what they saw. Perhaps it is because I worked with graphics in my university years, and have gotten very savvy when it comes to visuals. But even then people always remember this line:

If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Besides, how come nobody actually became suspicious when one of the guys involved is Sergay Titov, who was involved in non other than the infamous Big Rigs. The most bold cash grab in gaming history. That combined with the fact that the game came out right in the middle of the DayZ craze?
The last time I was this disappointed in the gamer demographics was when the unlimited detail guys were swimming in money, because of gullible gamer hype, which caused some people to actually invest in them. Seriously, these people sold a simple Sparse Voxel Octree rendere as if they invented the next big leap in graphics.
Merchants Quest me programming a trading game with roguelike elements.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27