Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40110 times)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2012, 12:58:26 am »

Note that in totalbiscuit's video, when he's standing almost parallel to a body of water, his flashlight gets reflected on the water, full size, just an inverted image.

Something like this guy:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=114076844

EDIT: Go to 22:31 of that video and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:03:01 am by justinlee999 »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2012, 04:32:24 am »

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

So much derp.  I don't understand how this was the best explanation they managed to come up with.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:22 am »

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

So much derp.  I don't understand how this was the best explanation they managed to come up with.
Yeah I just read that review.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2012, 04:43:39 am »

Uhhh how is this the most played game on steam 5k is not more then 180k.  :-\
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2012, 04:48:10 am »

It IS the best selling game on Steam right now, though.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2012, 04:49:56 am »

It IS the best selling game on Steam right now, though.
ah I see
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2012, 05:27:52 am »

Guess their evil scheme works.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2012, 06:03:05 am »

And bans I guess are true? I heard they banned a load of hackers recently. What specifically are you asking about?

Hackers would be the wrong word. Baiting items in "inaccessible" place isn't an anti-hack. Nor banning people that they know "would buy the game again if they get banned".

I can go on on the list of what's wrong in the game : game being accessible the first day of Alpha by both Alpha and Beta testers, the stealth system, the AI, the rendering system, the unique items given by devs, payment for clans, mod of WarInc (false ad), servers capacity, etc.

And of what's wrong outside of it : false advertisement, blatant lying, no communication at all dev/community, censorship, abusive bans, insults the players, changement of what offers a package after selling it, and so on.

And I'm not even talking about some flaws of the gameplay, which would have been acceptable.

Do you have any proof they banned anyone but hackers though? I mean I don't have any proof otherwise, but there was a few weeks there where the game was impossible to play because every server was riddled with hackers. There were A LOT of hackers. Putting items in inaccessable places is somethign they only started doing like a day or two ago with the recent patch, and they have other anti-hacking methods in place.

What's wrong with the game being accessable the first day of alpha by testers? I don't remember anyone with a beta access account being able to play, and I know a few people who had those?

Stealth sytem, AI, rendering, server capacity, etc: the game is still in development." That they didn't mention it on steam doesn't change the fact that the game isn't done yet. It's like how Minecraft wasn't done but kept letting people pay money for it (and then said "we're done!" held a massive convention to celebrate it, arbitrarily raised the price, and still wasn't finished).

The devs do comunicate with the community. I mean you say they insult players, how can they do that without communicating with them? Sure they're kinda shit at it, but they do release patch notes, talk about what they're working on, what should be in the game soon, why some features didn't make recent patches, etc. You'd have to be willfully ignorant to think theres no developer/community communication.

Though not saying the game is in beta or alpha or whatever is pretty stupid
That's basically what they did the whole time. Vaporware.
[/quote]

You don't know what the word vapourware means... :S

The devs have always said the game was in early development. The only time they have fucked that up is when they put it on steam, and I thought I read somewhere they fixed that now? Either way they've definatly not been doing it "the whole time."

You very obviously don't like the game, and that's cool. But you're also being very obviously kind of biased in the way you look at it. The game has problems sure, but I've had enough fun to warrent whatever it was I paid for it a few months back. So have my friends. If they improve on it from here on I'll be even more happy.

And once again I can't help mentioning that other games do this stuff, but they aren't DayZ-genre entries. The perception that this game "Ripped off" DayZ seems to be colouring peoples perceptions of it hugely, and things they'd happily accept from other companies and developers are suddenly huge warning signs that this is a scam or vaporware (note: you don't get to play vaporware. Vaporware doesn't mean "a game I don't like" or "a game in development")

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:20 am »

Neonivek, we need you this time!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2012, 06:20:03 am »

Neonivek, we need you this time!

Speeeed of lightning, roooar of thunder, fiiighting all who roooob or plunder, Neonivek oooh-oooh-oooh-oh-ooooh Neonivek, Neonivek!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2012, 06:54:19 am »

Stealth sytem, AI, rendering, server capacity, etc: the game is still in development." That they didn't mention it on steam doesn't change the fact that the game isn't done yet.

The issues is as I gather it is that they did mention it on steam. As being done. When it was not.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2012, 06:55:47 am »

Stealth sytem, AI, rendering, server capacity, etc: the game is still in development." That they didn't mention it on steam doesn't change the fact that the game isn't done yet.

The issues is as I gather it is that they did mention it on steam. As being done. When it was not.

What? :S

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:43 am »

What do you mean what? All those things and more were mentioned on the feature list. As being done. They are not done. Deception. Thus: Issue.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2012, 07:36:15 am »

Yes? And I adressed that in my post? You singled out a lone line of text from an entire post and took it out of context to respond to a point I wasn't making?

I was respoinding specifically to PanH saying those things don't work, and saying the game is still in development. I know they listed them as working features on the steam page, and I've said that's a pretty shitty/stupid thing to do, but that's not what I was talking about.

To be fair though, if I'd bought the game yesterday from Steam I'd be just as pissed off at Valve and the Steam team as I would be at Hammerpoint. They really really need some sort of quality control for their games.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:05 am »

Silly people. See, the feature list was purposely written to be open to interpretation, and you read it wrong, stupid. There are many ways to interperet "100 playerrs per server".

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-apologises-after-misleading-steam-customers/#more-135980
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27