Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 40098 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 02:55:18 am »

And then no one shows up :foreveralone:

Don't worry tonight I will :P , little after I posted about joining today I was in bed :P damn work taking up all my time !
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2012, 01:48:28 pm »

well me and girlinhat had a kinda interesting expereince, we both got eaten by zombies at least once.  Though we got a shotgun with 7 shells woot woot.
Nom nom nom

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »

Anyone up for some playtime tonight?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2012, 11:16:23 am »

Trying again.  Anyone up for playing?

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2012, 12:14:53 pm »

Possibly, I haven't played in a minute and got things to do today. But if it's sometime in the next 3-4 hours I'm in.

Played this a bit when the alpha first launched, had some fun (mostly laughs due to bugs and mayhem but that's all good).

It'd be neat to play with some people.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:35 pm »

You'll have some patches to get, so if you're not utilizing the computer fully you can grab patches in the meantime.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2012, 04:55:02 pm »

I'll be on this again in a few days. Hopefully we can get a big bay12 group to roll around with.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »

The game will also support private servers when launched.  Apparently these will be a different map, consisting of 2 safe zones, a river, a villa-area, and some modest amounts of zombies.  The main purpose of the private servers will be farming (like tilling soil) for food and modest drop rates of food and medical items, as well as a place to centralize your clan.  There's also apparently a number of upgrades and options that will depend on game-money spent to upgrade the server.  I suspect things like "turn Bandages into Bandages XD" will be possible.

Apparently though, private servers must be rented.  The game's income will be from initial sales, but also from microtransactions for mostly-vanity items and private server rentals.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

yeah and if you bought in early you get a free two months of private server.  It's a decent idea I suppose to make some cash by selling items and servers people don't absolutely need
Nom nom nom

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »

They do currently seem to have a clencher though.  Food is extremely scarce, and when it's available it's usually 5-10% items like potato chips, oatmeal, or granola bars, and in fact there doesn't seem to be any big food.  No one has found any TV Dinners or Jumbo Raman Cup or anything, just items small enough to fit in a pocket.  Except MREs, which restore 100% food, 60%+ thirst, and ~33% health.  But MREs are found rarely in army bases (high zombie count and high bandit count) and the cash shop.  Plus the future farmed foods will be on privately rented servers...

You can find more shotguns than you can food items.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »

I bought this before release, and was super excited about it, but it's more PvP than DayZ ever was or will be and that really detracts from the enjoyment for me. There's barely any reason for people to work together to help each other, and the killing is just for the sake of it - it's not like in DayZ where you kill out of fear. You're shot in The War Z because you can be.

Awful game so far, unless they change things in the near future I'm considering it a £20 waste.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »

They do currently seem to have a clencher though.  Food is extremely scarce, and when it's available it's usually 5-10% items like potato chips, oatmeal, or granola bars, and in fact there doesn't seem to be any big food.  No one has found any TV Dinners or Jumbo Raman Cup or anything, just items small enough to fit in a pocket.  Except MREs, which restore 100% food, 60%+ thirst, and ~33% health.  But MREs are found rarely in army bases (high zombie count and high bandit count) and the cash shop.  Plus the future farmed foods will be on privately rented servers...

You can find more shotguns than you can food items.

You can find MREs in supermarkets and stuff. Or at least you used to be able to. I'm sure I've seen them in the sherrif stations too.

They've also made some noise about letting you pay for private servers with in-game cash I think. Which means a group of people can club together and get one for a while. Also you can run a private Colorado or New York or (whatever the third map they've announced is, I forget) but the loot tables will be severely nerfed.

I bought this before release, and was super excited about it, but it's more PvP than DayZ ever was or will be and that really detracts from the enjoyment for me. There's barely any reason for people to work together to help each other, and the killing is just for the sake of it - it's not like in DayZ where you kill out of fear. You're shot in The War Z because you can be.

Awful game so far, unless they change things in the near future I'm considering it a £20 waste.

Did we play the same DayZ? Unless it's changed significantly since I last played, which is very possible I guess, there was never any reason not to shoot anyone immediatly and take all their things. Remember when Rocket removed the starting makarov precisely because he didn't want everyone just shooting each other on sight on the beach, and the result was defenseless newbies being gunned down by snipers and people with assault rifles for sport?

Also everyone bought The War Z before release. It's still in alpha (unless it changed in the past week or two and now it's beta?). Either way it hasn't been released and is still in development. They have many features and mechanics planned to discourage random murdering and PVP style gameplay. Do you often buy into alphas then bemoan the fact that unless they change things you've wasted your money?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

I dunno what it is, but people act like WarZ is some AAA title that needs perfect balance and structure before any info is leaked.  No idea where they got this idea from...  The game is crude, no one's gonna lie.  It needs to be balanced a lot, and this will happen in time.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:53 pm »

I think it's because DayZ was released feature-complete and perfect on day 1 of alpha. Just like Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

http://warzscam.tumblr.com//

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27