Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does a vampire necromancer need to drink blood?  (Read 3679 times)

Raineh

• Bay Watcher
  • Eminently Predictable
    • View Profile
Does a vampire necromancer need to drink blood?
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »

This has been bothering me for a while. Necromancers don't need to eat, drink, or sleep at all. Vampires need blood but nothing else. So, if you combine the two, does the vampire still need blood, and does the order they're attained in make a difference?

Not sure if this should go here or gameplay, since it seems very... adventurer specific. I've probably screwed up.  :-\
Completely insane, honestly.

Cholek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does a vampire necromancer need to drink blood?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:44:22 pm »

If you are necromancer you still need to drink blood.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:14 pm »

if it's a vampire necromancer? or if it's a necromancer vampire?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:41 am »

if it's a vampire necromancer? or if it's a necromancer vampire?
What if it drank the blood of a necromancer vampire?!

VAMPIRE NECROMANCER VAMPIRE

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:43:10 am »

In answer to the question, yes, I think.  You'll definitely get the Thirsty notification, but I'm not sure you actually need to act on it. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

This has been bothering me for a while. Necromancers don't need to eat, drink, or sleep at all. Vampires need blood but nothing else. So, if you combine the two, does the vampire still need blood, and does the order they're attained in make a difference?
Drinking blood and drinking water/alcohol are handled in different ways by the game. The two tags are totally independent of each other, so combining them has no effect beyond both of them applying to the creature.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

Drinking blood and drinking water/alcohol are handled in different ways by the game. The two tags are totally independent of each other, so combining them has no effect beyond both of them applying to the creature.

On this note, and not to start another thread; how does one feed upon a deceased/unconscious being? Just lapping up blood with e doesn't seem to be what the game wants me to do.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:14 am »

On this note, and not to start another thread; how does one feed upon a deceased/unconscious being? Just lapping up blood with e doesn't seem to be what the game wants me to do.

Stand next to an unconscious being, and press (e) again. You should get an option to nom nom nom.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 09:31:26 am »

However, you cannot feed from dead beings.  Only asleep/unconscious(/paralyzed?).  And then it should just be, like he said, just a matter of standing next to them and pressing "e".  It should even be at the very top of the list.

Raineh

• Bay Watcher
  • Eminently Predictable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »

Having then become a vampire necromancer, I can confirm that the Thirsty notification comes up, and I decided better safe than sorry.

... Somehow proceeded to end up killing goblins despite being completely paralysed and just pushing them, largely due to a bloated Dodger skill and having nothing but iron armour.
Completely insane, honestly.