Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: CAULDRON OF LOOTS  (Read 11636 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: CAULDRON OF LOOTS
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »

Heh, there's always one.
Shh, you shouldn't disrespect him just for being skeptical. Besides, I'm sure that anders can come up with some screenshots soon, I look forward to seeing them! If I find my old CoL floppy around here (I'm looking for it right now) it shouldn't be too hard to get running on DOSBox, I'll see if I can post some screenshots to compare.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 05:23:47 pm »

I would like to buy this game, but I think it might have too much content for my small amounts of free time.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 05:46:21 pm »

So, you're going to charge £30 for a game with a level cap of 10, an upcoming DLC that raises the level cap by a grand total of 2, five types of enemies, two bosses and two character classes? That's full price for a game with less visible gameplay than most flash games. Hell, I can't even actually FIND anything on this damn game other than this page, because a google search turns up jack shit, except for this page. Even a simple link to wherever the hell the site for this game is would help us to form a better opinion of it.
yadayadayada
Capital thread name, features pointed out, price known, date of release = 'soon', no link.

Do people that advert their game without having any screenshots or videos to make it legit and are obviously not aware that we aren't a bunch of noob gamers deserve a ban?

I really feel bad for you guys  :-\

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 05:47:22 pm »

So, you're going to charge £30 for a game with a level cap of 10, an upcoming DLC that raises the level cap by a grand total of 2, five types of enemies, two bosses and two character classes? That's full price for a game with less visible gameplay than most flash games. Hell, I can't even actually FIND anything on this damn game other than this page, because a google search turns up jack shit, except for this page. Even a simple link to wherever the hell the site for this game is would help us to form a better opinion of it.

Spoiler: major plot spoilers (click to show/hide)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »

Spoiler: major plot spoilers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Indeed (click to show/hide)
Hello Hunam

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »

The forum has been going slow and giving bad gateway errors. I blame this thread, because I can.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »

when CAULDRON OF LOOTS comes out this forum will delete itself, its purpose carried out.
Hello Hunam

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:13 pm »

yadayadayada
Capital thread name, features pointed out, price known, date of release = 'soon', no link.

Do people that advert their game without having any screenshots or videos to make it legit and are obviously not aware that we aren't a bunch of noob gamers deserve a ban?

I really feel bad for you guys  :-\

Yeah, I hope they don't miss out on this great game just because the OP wasn't very well put together.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:13 pm »

Yeah, I hope they don't miss out on this great game just because the OP wasn't very well put together.

Apologies all. I'll have more info from Anders soon! :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:35:36 pm by Korbac »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 06:34:09 pm »

-Linear story path ensures you never get lost or confused!

Oh goody, I hate the way games these days confuse me with all their options. It's great to see a dev with priorities, ya know?
Definite buy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »

Will there be a "lite" version with less content and stuff for free? I want to play this game, but I probably won't have enough spare time to do the whole thing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »

So, I did manage to get the old Cauldron of Loot. It suffered from a lot of crashing under dosbox until I cranked the cycles down below the default, and tried running it on version 0.68. It really is an interesting game. You proceed through a "dungeon" (there is no map) fighting monster after monster, each of which gives one item of "loot". This goes into the eponymous cauldron, which actually acts as your health; you lose when it is empty and monsters destroy your items. Using items, including weapons, destroys them very quickly as well, and you can also sell items for gold which will be used to automatically refill your cauldron. The plot of the game is mostly told through tooltips which appear when you do something very specific- for example, kill a goblin with a stone, and the stone will break open revealing a note that gives you a hint as to which item you need to "examine" in your inventory (which also destroys the item) to proceed.

The CGA graphics are nothing impressive even for 1987, but at least the interface is simple. You've got your main buttons below, Weapon, Monster, Cauldron (your inventory), Dungeon, and Loot (for quick selling/and buying). You've also got the keep/sell buttons by your cauldron: you have to sort out your loot very quickly, the game is actually real time and monsters will not stop attacking you while you decide which items to examine or weapons to use.

I'm interested to see the character classes, as the old game had little in the way of actual character stats. Since I haven't found this game online anywhere I'd upload it, but you know toady's policy on "abandonware".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

anders_slesvig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 07:53:54 pm »

helo cauldron fan. i appreciate support on forum today. this is likely mean money soon. hopefuly with support we will make good game. now respond to some questons! this game ~and i canot stres this enough~ is in no way affiliated with the original Cauldron of Loot. this is new Cauldron of ~Loots~ and shuld not be made comparison due to legalities. secnd there will be no lite version as we feel that it does not offr enough time to enjoy the excelent Cauldron of Loots. we chose this with the gamer in mind. you can however tutorial if you have given tutorial key by friend who has purchased game. that is free game!
i sincerly hope that you enjoy game. i have not eeatn in too days.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »

i sincerly hope that you enjoy game. i have not eeatn in too days.

The classic dilemma of the indie developer, eh? Buy food, or buy parts for your laptop.  :o

EDIT : Sensei, the old CoL plays very differently to the new one, although I will admit the old one is a classic. Using items as health was a really innovative feature.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:58:41 pm by Korbac »

anders_slesvig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:55 pm »

no. i hav not been able to keep down food. they say it is poisoning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5