Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034784 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7245 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:29 am »

"I'll just put this bit of work off until tomorrow" x 100

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: November 09, 2013, 10:09:07 am »

Sorry but cis-ethnicity is an oppressive concept which has a basis in patriarchal bloodlines.
I don't even...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: November 09, 2013, 01:23:10 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1892112000/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=#reader_B0038KA6GC
This entire thing.
Well.. At least most of the reviews are negative ones. Aside from 900 of them. So there is that.

Wonderful book. So glad somebody is finally brave enough to stand up for the pro-beating-up-babies movement. For too long, those little bald bastards have been walking (or crawling) all over us decent grown folk, and I for one am sick of it. These authors give such good advice it's insane! I could sing the praises of these amazing, God-fearing baby-beaters all day, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to recommend a few other titles sure to be right up the alley of anyone who enjoys this book.

Cooking for Company - Jeffrey Dahmer
Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson
Dog Bathing Made Easy - Michael Vick

And last but not least,

All Aboard: A Final Solution for Train Enthusiasts - Adolph Hitler

Happy reading, everybody!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:57 pm »

That comment is rather amusing.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: November 09, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure that comment is trying to make a joke. Probably because of the other suggested 'Books'.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: November 09, 2013, 01:28:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure that comment is trying to make a joke. Probably because of the other suggested 'Books'.
You don't say?

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: November 09, 2013, 01:29:00 pm »

The second (full) sentence didn't tip you off?

EDIT: VVV Okay, that's just hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:33:10 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: November 09, 2013, 01:30:41 pm »

Many people in the trans sober community face oppression that cis sober shit lords can never imagine. And yes shit lord, while I am drunk almost all the time, I am a sober person living in the body of a drunk. It's called oppression and you might want to take some time off from being a privileged cis sober shit lord to understand what my community goes through. This blog is a "safe space" set up for trans sober people to share their oppression. And yes shit lord, I know I spelled "privilege " wrong on the header. Sober privilege is not being too drunk when making your blog that you don't make irreversible spelling errors.

My fellow trans sobers, please feel free to share your stories of oppression and victimization in a safe space free of shit lord cis sober oppression.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: November 09, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »

Ah, more Poe bait that people will doubtlessly fall for without a moment's pause.

3. Run Resize Enable

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7254 on: November 09, 2013, 01:52:19 pm »

The three-review summary of that book that Amazon presents does a very good job of appealing to my prejudices, I'll say that much...

PLEASE PLEASE do not purchase or read this book.. - Jill Modert   
It is child abuse and I cannot believe anyone would even THINK this book is okay. - concerned   
It has very good principles for parents who want to raise godly children. - MayuGM

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: November 09, 2013, 02:01:34 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: November 11, 2013, 10:43:44 am »

Someone on Tumblr praising Brave:

#they actually showed a pretty accurate representation of how witches truly are not terrible people and it’s just their lifestyle. #i really really really loved that fact

None of those things are accurate about real witches because there are no real witches. Witches were not good people because witches were not people because witches do not exist. I know you want to praise this more positive female role that would traditionally be viewed negatively, but pretending witches and wizards are real is not the way to go about that.

I really try to avoid reading any paragraph that's made up entirely of hashtags because I know it will be stupid. I don't know why I read this one.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: November 11, 2013, 10:59:48 am »

#they actually showed a pretty accurate representation of how witches truly are not terrible people and it’s just their lifestyle. #i really really really loved that fact

None of those things are accurate about real witches because there are no real witches. Witches were not good people because witches were not people because witches do not exist. I know you want to praise this more positive female role that would traditionally be viewed negatively, but pretending witches and wizards are real is not the way to go about that.

I really try to avoid reading any paragraph that's made up entirely of hashtags because I know it will be stupid. I don't know why I read this one.

#check your hashtag privilege #jesus #cissignalism

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: November 11, 2013, 11:27:04 am »

#muggleprivilege  #nomagic #cisscience #shitlord #triggerwarning #witchhunting #hatersgonnahate #helpimrunningoutofideas
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 510