Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1033995 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7035 on: October 22, 2013, 10:29:53 am »

The kind that doesn't like pork?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: October 22, 2013, 10:39:17 am »

I don't particualy like bacon. I don't eat mammal meat, and turkey bacon is sort of meh unless it's paired with lettuce and tomato.
Not even rabbit? Rabbit is wonderful.
As is hybrid cow-bison, made specifically for meat!
No, for ethical reasons I'm an avi-pesca-vega-(insecta-)tarian. I also eat dairy products. Does that make me a avi-pesca-vega-daira-(insecta-)tarian?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: October 22, 2013, 10:44:24 am »

I don't particualy like bacon. I don't eat mammal meat, and turkey bacon is sort of meh unless it's paired with lettuce and tomato.
No, for ethical reasons I'm an avi-pesca-vega-(insecta-)tarian. I also eat dairy products. Does that make me a avi-pesca-vega-daira-(insecta-)tarian?
Ew, dairy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: October 22, 2013, 10:49:31 am »

But it isn't crispy or smoked, it's just a flabby rasher that no matter how long you cook it, it will remain flabby and meaty. A depressing thing altogether.
You see, there's a distinction between 'cook' and 'BURNINATE'.

Heretic!

Cook him at a stake!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 22, 2013, 10:59:00 am »

How about "vegetarian plus a little"?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 22, 2013, 11:02:54 am »

But it isn't crispy or smoked, it's just a flabby rasher that no matter how long you cook it, it will remain flabby and meaty. A depressing thing altogether.
You see, there's a distinction between 'cook' and 'BURNINATE'.

Heretic!

Cook him at a stake!
I'm disappointed in you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:37 am »

Beef count as a kind of dairy if the cow is still alive while you eat it~
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 22, 2013, 11:08:54 am »

Nah, cause the only reason I'm not Vegetarian is because of chicken, and the only reason I'm not vegan, other than chicken, is cheese.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:28 am »

Nah, cause the only reason I'm not Vegetarian is because of chicken, and the only reason I'm not vegan, other than chicken, is cheese.

I've always wondered. Why are fish and bugs not considered meat? They're not plants.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 22, 2013, 11:18:23 am »

I've always wondered. Why are fish and bugs not considered meat? They're not plants.
They're not cute enough.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 22, 2013, 11:20:29 am »

what sort of misplaced nationalism does it take to not buy raw pieces of pig and prepare them yourself or at least having them prepared by an actual butcher, not a piece of machinery which frankly doesn't give a damn if you enjoy the product or not, and then cooking it just as you like it and you know simply enjoying the end result instead of telling people "your way of eating is bad and you should feel bad" (claims of heresy and demands to cease destroying perfectly good bacon optional)

Most of the bacon I would purchase is prepared by an actual butcher. Any "fine" meats come from one of my local butchers. I can cook a flabby rasher to be acceptable but I just think American stuff is superior, I'm sorry.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 22, 2013, 11:27:14 am »

The idea is that insects and fish don't have a large enough brain to be capable of pain. If your only moral objection to meat is the undue suffering of animals, then something that can't suffer could be fair game.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: October 22, 2013, 11:37:02 am »

what sort of misplaced nationalism does it take to not buy raw pieces of pig and prepare them yourself or at least having them prepared by an actual butcher, not a piece of machinery which frankly doesn't give a damn if you enjoy the product or not, and then cooking it just as you like it and you know simply enjoying the end result instead of telling people "your way of eating is bad and you should feel bad" (claims of heresy and demands to cease destroying perfectly good bacon optional)

Most of the bacon I would purchase is prepared by an actual butcher. Any "fine" meats come from one of my local butchers. I can cook a flabby rasher to be acceptable but I just think American stuff is superior, I'm sorry.

you should be sorry for not recommending said meat and instead focusing on these silly sub-meats which we must remove to make room for the butcher-made mas-

* LordSlowpoke takes off a cap.

that was unnecessary

there's a certain degree of hypocrisy in telling people they shouldn't be enforcing their tastes over others but coming around and telling people their tastes are bad and they don't know a thing about real meat

it's the exact degree i'm comfortable with though so let's continue and say the only reason i actually quoted you was that you were involved in the discussion and the first on the line of fire so bam you get the onslaught

tell me about the various scottish national stereotypes now.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:18 am »

I think you have taken my assertions a bit too seriously, LordSlowpoke. I actually quite like the flabby bacon rashers in bacon rolls, I was just having a bit of fun. Regarding stereotypes, I am happy to tell you as much as you like and how true they are, just throw some at me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:40:30 am by Owlbread »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:40 am »

The idea is that insects and fish don't have a large enough brain to be capable of pain. If your only moral objection to meat is the undue suffering of animals, then something that can't suffer could be fair game.
It's more complexity rather than size, but yes, that's the idea.

Though fish do feel pain, FYI. Just different than humans do.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 510