Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034156 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3900 on: February 18, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »

From what I've seen, most human problems tend to derive from human intelligence.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: February 18, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »

i'd disagree, but we'd probably fight about what is a problem and what isn't and which take precedence over the others.
actually, that sounds fun. let's do it!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

We (as a species) already do, it's called politics.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »

From what I've seen, most human problems tend to derive from human intelligence.

The clash of intelligence against instinct, more like.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3904 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:42 pm »

I generally go with the idea of "A person can be intelligent. People, on the whole, are stupid". Especially in mobs. Even smart people in a mod end up doing very stupid things.
Rule 1: People are a problem
-The solution to this problem is more people.
-The solution doesn't always make things better.
-So add more people.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: February 19, 2013, 06:10:59 pm »

Today I am the subject of this thread. I rarely speak much English at all these days, but I am in English class at school, now, because my classmates wanted me to take English with them, and because the alternative is high-level Spanish, which I might be able to scrape by in, but would rather not have to struggle through.

I decided, more or less on a whim, to affect a Deep South accent, because it amused me highly and because, well, it'll only show up in English class and nobody will know the difference. Now everyone, including the teacher, believes it to be my honest-to-god American accent, and I'm stuck sounding like a Charleston cotton baron for the rest of the year. I dee-clayuh, if I'd actually thought about this for more than five seconds...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: February 19, 2013, 06:25:55 pm »

Today I am the subject of this thread. I rarely speak much English at all these days, but I am in English class at school, now, because my classmates wanted me to take English with them, and because the alternative is high-level Spanish, which I might be able to scrape by in, but would rather not have to struggle through.

I decided, more or less on a whim, to affect a Deep South accent, because it amused me highly and because, well, it'll only show up in English class and nobody will know the difference. Now everyone, including the teacher, believes it to be my honest-to-god American accent, and I'm stuck sounding like a Charleston cotton baron for the rest of the year. I dee-clayuh, if I'd actually thought about this for more than five seconds...
You could try having a different accent every week or so. S'not like there aren't enough awesome-sounding accents to go around.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: February 19, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »

You could try having a different accent every week or so. S'not like there aren't enough awesome-sounding accents to go around.

I can actually pull a Southern accent off very well, though, since I grew up down South. It's very difficult for me to realistically do anything outside the US and Canada, for the following reason: in the western US and much of the Midwest, the words "cot," "caught," "bother" and "father" all have the same vowel. I can distinguish the cot and caught ones if I'm being careful, since although I do have the same vowel in all four of those normally I can still tell the difference. There are some other things, too, but I don't have as much trouble with them; this is the main problem.

Outside North America, however, except New York City, there are three vowels distinguished, and I can't remember how they're split up, nor which words have which. Not that Brazilians know this!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:03 pm »

Friend A: Hey, can you watch a cat for me for a little while?
Friend B: Sure I guess, but my internet is kind of slow.
Friend A: No, I mean, like.. a real cat.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:40 am »

I can actually pull a Southern accent off very well, though, since I grew up down South. It's very difficult for me to realistically do anything outside the US and Canada, for the following reason: in the western US and much of the Midwest, the words "cot," "caught," "bother" and "father" all have the same vowel. I can distinguish the cot and caught ones if I'm being careful, since although I do have the same vowel in all four of those normally I can still tell the difference. There are some other things, too, but I don't have as much trouble with them; this is the main problem.

Outside North America, however, except New York City, there are three vowels distinguished, and I can't remember how they're split up, nor which words have which. Not that Brazilians know this!
Put on a Yooper accent! That's a shitload of fun, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

I affect a slight Irish accent to my regular speech when I get bored. I got pretty good at it after a while, so I can do it to mess with people.

I'm going to try what fearful did next year. Just, Irish accent. And then, middle of year, BAM.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »

Quote from: Youtube Comments Section
Why does every living thing have eyes?

I need to come up with a way to just lock my screen to the top of a Youtube page, I think these comments are making me stupider.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: February 21, 2013, 07:09:07 pm »

...you get used to it after a while.

It helps to try and read everything in a sarcastic tone of voice, so it's not people actually being stupid, but people sarcastically sounding stupid. Then they actually seem slightly more intelligent.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »

'are you fucking BLIND to whats going on in the world? you cant SEE the installing of a total police state and that the leaders are fucking CORRUPT and dont give a fuck about you and want to enslave you? keep living in the fantasy land buddy.'

I gave him the point of the corruption, since it seems half the governments seem to help the corporations, and not the people, but his point was that the corruption was CLEAR EVIDENCE A NEW WORLD ORDER IS BEING ESTABLISHED!!!
It would probably be easier to run the world from behind the scenes, anyway. Less publicity to worry about.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: February 22, 2013, 12:12:57 am »

Quote from: Youtube ad
There's no spelling without the letter 'A'.

I would like to disehgree. Simple modificehtions cen ehlter little while still ehllowing spelling lehrgley legible. Spelling without the letter 'E' would be fer more difficult.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 510