Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1033464 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3390 on: January 07, 2013, 07:27:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
COPYRIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oh, was that your thing?
Sorry, thought I was being original.
"This video contains content from Channel 5 and WMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Because fuck you."
Wha-
WHY BLOCK THE INTERNET? ESPECIALLY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3391 on: January 07, 2013, 07:28:29 pm »

It's a sad day for anyone when they outlive Rick Rolling... When one has to pay to Rick Roll himself.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »

I could watch the video just fine ???

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

It's a sad day for anyone when they outlive Rick Rolling... When one has to pay to Rick Roll himself.
They're rickrolling us by making us pay to be rickrolled.
Sig! Onol

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 07, 2013, 07:32:57 pm »

I'm worried. I don't think the copyright hounds are gonna give me up. Really this law system has just let me down. Instead of being useful, it just ran around and deserted me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 07, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »

I'm worried. I don't think the copyright hounds are gonna give me up. Really this law system has just let me down. Instead of being useful, it just ran around and deserted me.
It's making me cry, and when the revolution comes I don't think it'll say goodbye. It's just running around and suing me.
Sig! Onol

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:31 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3397 on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:29 am »

Oh, poor me!
This is satire right?

"We thought the complaints were nonsense. After all, how bad could it be to get rid of errors and replace them with relevant search results? But it didn’t matter. The government had, effectively, dealt us a death blow."

"We didn't give a shit about the complaints. After all, we really like money. Money money money. What's wrong with replacing errors with glorious advertising? But they didn't accept our bribes. The government had, effectively, done something right."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 08, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »

In a magazine that I like and is generally pretty decent (except for their sparse game recensions that consist only of AC and COD and other AAA titles), an interview with a transhumanist was published.

"Instead of dealing with the prejudices against homosexual people, why don't we hetersexualize them?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

That... might not be such a bad idea, if you think about it. I guess if I was homosexual and the technology was advanced enough to make the transition quick and without overly great side effects, I'd certainly consider it - even if only because there will always remain some amount of prejudice.

Come to think of it: Is sexuality genetic? There might be the possibility of breeding them straight.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:17:11 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 08, 2013, 02:18:59 pm »

Come to think of it: Is sexuality genetic? There might be the possibility of breeding them straight.

....and then Helgoland was nothing but ashes and memory.  :-[
(Just saying...that might not be well-received.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3401 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

That... might not be such a bad idea, if you think about it. I guess if I was homosexual and the technology was advanced enough to make the transition quick and without overly great side effects, I'd certainly consider it - even if only because there will always remain some amount of prejudice.

Ha ha ha, Godwin.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 08, 2013, 02:34:50 pm »

Godwin? Eugenics has become a fascist domain only recently, y'know. No that I'm seriously advocating it, but I guess some forms might be not so morally reprehensible as those practised until ~1960.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »

Sexuality is a mix of choice (At least, it kind of was for me? Your mileage may vary. I will say that if I didn't have ANY interest in men, I wouldn't have been able to make the choice, and expand on it.), environment, epigenetics, and genetics, AFAIK.

And I think if people could choose their sexuality, like take a pill and be whatever, most people would choose Straight (in order to have kids but not caring to have relations with the same gender, mebe) or Bi-sexual, for the wider choice. But I think some people, myself included, would choose to squash any opposite attraction. I don't see myself with a woman in a relationship, and I don't want my libido insisting I try it, yanno?

I'm a little out of it right now, so take everything I just said as "probably completely false" and "Descan, and only Descan's, interpretation."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 08, 2013, 03:03:09 pm »

I think the problem is the underlying assumptions that would logically entail:

1. Homosexuality is a genetic issue (some possible truth to this, but certainly not a purely genetic mechanism).
2. It is an undesirable trait to be "weeded" or "bred" out.

It's akin to saying "There might be the possiblity of breeding out gingers." (which is far more genetically linked).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 510