Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1035495 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2985 on: November 10, 2012, 12:53:29 am »

Hahaha.

Ah, the innuendo in old Batman.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 10, 2012, 09:27:21 am »

Speaking of leather thongs.  Don't worry, it's safe for work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A whole gallery with this and similar panels
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 10, 2012, 03:00:55 pm »

I'd post my "The More You Know" afterschool-special logo gif, but img.ie.  :'(

Not a gif i think, but still good. Or bad and low quality. idc.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 12, 2012, 05:13:47 pm »

Most Australians already know the Pearls of Wisdom that fall from (presumably) the mouth of our most famous right-wing ex-politician Pauline Hanson. I share them here to make Americans feel better about their own extremists:

Ms Hanson said Malaysia had been “taken over by Muslims, despite a long history of Islam in that country”.

The former One Nation leader, who is having another tilt at politics, said she was wary of allowing Muslims to settle in Australia.

But she would welcome some Muslims, she said.

“There are Christian Muslims – there is no problems about that,” she told ABC radio yesterday.

“But if people believe in the way of life under the Koran, that concerns me greatly.”

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: November 12, 2012, 05:15:25 pm »

Ignorance like that makes my head hurt.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: November 12, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

Prejudice, ho!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 12, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »

That prompted me to raise my bottle no less than three times until I noticed that there was no booze inside.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2993 on: November 12, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

Do you think it would do any good?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:38 pm »

I think 90% of the country just snickered and said "keep going, Pauline!". She's was worth too much as entertainment value.

A while back she moved to Britain.

To get away from all the Muslims in Australia apparently -_- despite the fact that Britain's percentage of Muslims is twice Australia's and goddamn Buddhists outnumber Muslims here, if you can believe that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:31:42 pm by Reelya »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 12, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »

By Christian Muslims, I sincerely hope that they mean the the parents were a Christian and a Muslim, and not actually referring to Muslims as a ethnic group.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 12, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »

Somebody show her this movie.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

I think 90% of the country just snickered and said "keep going, Pauline!". She's was worth too much as entertainment value.

A while back she moved to Britain.

To get away from all the Muslims in Australia apparently -_- despite the fact that Britain's percentage of Muslims is twice Australia's and goddamn Buddhists outnumber Muslims here, if you can believe that.
At this rate might as well move to Saudi Arabia.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »

By Christian Muslims, I sincerely hope that they mean the the parents were a Christian and a Muslim, and not actually referring to Muslims as a ethnic group.

Part of her confusion might be explained by her constant references to the "Muslim race" and the idea that Muslims wiped out the Islams. She started out as an anti-Asian campaigner. Australia being "Swamped By Asians" was her warning (never happened BTW).

To her, Muslims are a race because she comes from a backwards rural white ghetto. She's from Queensland, which is Australia's version of being from Alabama. It's also the state that had the most Japanese investment 20 years ago, so there was a backlash up there against Asians.

But that was on the coastal city areas, and she's from the rural part of the state which didn't get the Asian investment (nor the Asian immigration, so you have to wonder why she cared). Her profession was running a "Fish and Chip Shop" before entering politics, and all the locals knew and voted for her. It's that type of backwards, up North.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:38:25 pm by Reelya »

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #2999 on: November 14, 2012, 02:54:34 am »

To her, Muslims are a race because she comes from a backwards rural white ghetto. She's from Queensland, which is Australia's version of being from Alabama. It's also the state that had the most Japanese investment 20 years ago, so there was a backlash up there against Asians.

:'(
* GalenEvil is from Alabama...
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 510