Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1011043 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 12:17:58 am »

you could have at least mentioned to her that in Britain, they speak English. hell, England is IN Britain!
Or you could mention who invented the language.

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 12:28:10 am »

"Well, when you have been around as long as I have, you'll realize that [my incredibly racist viewpoints] are justified."

"I have
  • years of experience doing [y], so you should take my word on how to do [basically anything]."

I don't give a shit how old you are, you still need logic and evidence to support what you are saying.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2012, 01:42:11 am »

"Why is space dark if the Sun's up there?"

Haha that almost has a kind of dumb logic to it. It's tempting to think of an answer. Sounds like something a philosophy class might discuss (in my stereotypical imagination).
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2012, 01:50:52 am »

I thought I could get a laugh from this thread.  It's mostly the "what the fuck did I just see?" nervous laugh, though.
Still, posting to get this on my unread replies list.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2012, 02:18:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This guy needs to die in a hole. I would sign up for the muslim genocide just so I can kill this guy with my own hands.

And proceed to walk home, take a shower, eat dinner and regret being so rash about it. Then realize that murder was okay in his books, so I didn't actually murder him! <--- his logic

Okay guys, now quote everything I just said and tell me how stupid I am. I feel like just copy-pasting that dropped my IQ by a few dozen.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012, 02:21:12 am »

Okay guys, now quote everything I just said and tell me how stupid I am.
Okay.

Vindication doesn't justify murder. So no matter how ironic it might be, killing him isn't proving anything but how becoming a monster to fight monsters is a vicious and stupid cycle.

Done :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 02:38:50 am »

As long as he doesn't have the means to do it, I'm afraid you can't do anything about it.

But if you ask me, these people aren't even worth killing.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:14 am »

I was going to post some gems from my stormfront travels, but then I realized it would be best to just not give them any attention. But then I realized that there's no fun in that and it makes for a pointless post, so here:

Here's another one:

Racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others Ya stupid NOT-ZEE...

And I haven't even gotten into the whole "YOU ANTI-WHITE JOO!" bullshit cop-out they all use for damn near every "argument" on the entire fucking site.. I just wish it was easier to find more outspoken racists in public to humiliate.

edit: btw, David Duke and Tom Metzger were (are?) in the KKK... Duke was the grand wizard for fucks sake. Seriously, this guy is that kid's role model?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:49:49 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:23 am »

"Why is space dark if the Sun's up there?"

Haha that almost has a kind of dumb logic to it. It's tempting to think of an answer. Sounds like something a philosophy class might discuss (in my stereotypical imagination).

It looks dark because there's nothing up there for the light to reflect off of. If you went to space, then you would see light reflected off of you in the direction that the sun was shining. That's why there is daytime on planets and moons, but space seems dark. By the way I'm not explaining this to you, so don't think that I think you're stupid, I'm just posting an answer to the question.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 08:29:40 am »

I've worked 15 years in technical support. I've forgotten more stupid questions/comments than most of you could ever dream of.
That said, one of the recurrent ones that makes me want to pull a Lewis Black-style rant every time I hear it is some variant of this:

"I don't understand how it could be broken. It was working fine yesterday!"
NO FUCKING SHIT. That's kind of the definition of broken: i.e. it used to work, and now it doesn't. Welcome to the principle of entropy, bitches!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 08:32:47 am »

I've worked 15 years in technical support. I've forgotten more stupid questions/comments than most of you could ever dream of.
You should have written those down.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 09:34:14 am »

You should have written those down.
That would have resulted in a sanity-draining tome like something out of Lovecraft. Here, try this on for a smattering of the sorts of things we're exposed to (and you understand why the average turnover for a new tech support hire is about 6 months):
http://humortown.blogspot.com/2007/04/funny-tech-support-calls.html

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:47 am »

"The latest occupy movement was to protest the idea of a job."

A complaint about how much oil there is in the US that we aren't drilling, for the sake of those damn pristine forests, followed by a friend pointing out that Jesus is coming back soon so we won't have to worry.

Some ridiculous survivalist bullshit about stocking up on ammo.

--

I have a million of these.  For some reason I like the people I hate more than the people I like.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 10:10:22 am »

A complaint about how much oil there is in the US that we aren't drilling, for the sake of those damn pristine forests, followed by a friend pointing out that Jesus is coming back soon so we won't have to worry.

I have a friend with fundamentalist parents. They're morally opposed to recycling on similar theological grounds: that the Earth was made to be used up by humans, and that Jesus will return and wipe it all out when the environment is exhausted.

WWJD? Apparently He'd leave the water running and all the lights on. >_<

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:04 am »

So I was browsing FSTDT, and I found...this. Let the crazy wash over you.

Hahahahaha the first thing I saw on here was "I am repulsed by the though of being 'barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen.'"

My first thought is, "What if you're pregnant, you don't feel like putting your socks and shoes on and you're hungry for some lunch?"  This lady is doomed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 510