Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1011794 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2012, 06:56:25 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:16:27 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2012, 07:04:21 pm »

New OVI (DUI) case. I explain that for second offense it's a mandatory 10 day jail minimum, and that I won't lie to him it's going to be hard.
10 days? It can't be that hard to last ten days in prison, can it? That isn't even two weeks.
Also if you refuse the blow test there's a 1 year mandatory suspension of license.
If convicted, or just for refusing? If the latter, what the hell?
Further, several judges will actually increase the sentence if you refuse the blow test and are found guilty, but it really does vary by the judge (magistrate but whatever, I'm not confusing the guy with that right now).
That seems unconstitutional. If you have the right to refuse the test, choose to exercise it, and are later punished for it, aren't your rights under the EPC violated? It's like increasing someone's sentence for not talking to the police and then getting convicted.
Also you really need to get into AA or something.
AA is actually fairly ineffective and was started by a guy who wanted everyone to replace alcohol with Jesus.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:06:23 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »

AA is actually fairly ineffective and was started by a guy who wanted everyone to replace alcohol with Jesus.

"Alcoholism is a disease"

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2012, 07:10:59 pm »

That's a stupid strategy, Jesus is an alcoholic's best friend! He can turn all that boring water into delicious habit-prolonging wine.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

"Alcoholism is a disease"
"Homosexuality is a disease."

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »

But I can cure you!
For only 100 payments of $99 each,
I can solve your problem and make you welcome back to society again.
Phone 76253045 now!*

Clue in number
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:19:40 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:03 pm »

PTW. o_o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »

If people get lovesick, does that make love a disease? or would that be more like love poisoning?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure it is closer to a poison.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »

Only if that love is with someone of the same sex.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »

That was a joke by the way

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:44 pm »

Modify your post next time.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »

New OVI (DUI) case. I explain that for second offense it's a mandatory 10 day jail minimum, and that I won't lie to him it's going to be hard.
10 days? It can't be that hard to last ten days in prison, can it? That isn't even two weeks.
Also if you refuse the blow test there's a 1 year mandatory suspension of license.
If convicted, or just for refusing? If the latter, what the hell?
Further, several judges will actually increase the sentence if you refuse the blow test and are found guilty, but it really does vary by the judge (magistrate but whatever, I'm not confusing the guy with that right now).
That seems unconstitutional. If you have the right to refuse the test, choose to exercise it, and are later punished for it, aren't your rights under the EPC violated? It's like increasing someone's sentence for not talking to the police and then getting convicted.

Ten days in jail is a boring vacation. That guy is a wuss.

Just for refusing.

It probably is. It doesn't matter much, because the whole system does it, and you can't fight the whole system.

AA is incredibly ineffective for an atheist like me. It makes me want to drink because everyone's all 'God this' and 'Pray that.'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »

Only if that love is with someone of the same sex.
* The Merchant Of Menace applauds.
That was excellently done.
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:56 pm »

Ten days in jail is a boring vacation. That guy is a wuss.
I guess it would depend on what kind of prison it was. If they're shipping him to maximum security, ten days could be pretty terrifying, but medium or minimum shouldn't be that difficult to survive in.
Just for refusing.
Then that is an extrajudicial punishment and very unconstitutional.
It probably is. It doesn't matter much, because the whole system does it, and you can't fight the whole system.
You can if you get a Supreme Court review on the matter, which could be difficult as it relies upon proving a bias levied by lower judges.
AA is incredibly ineffective for an atheist like me. It makes me want to drink because everyone's all 'God this' and 'Pray that.'
It occurs to me that courts can order you to attend AA, which as it is an organization with a religious bent violates the Establishment Clause.

Why in the world are there so many unconstitutional things surrounding DUI procedure?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 510