Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1013295 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2012, 02:41:30 am »

It doesn't make sense to me why much of MC is supposedly populated by idiots. Doesn't that whole 'no objective, be creative' stuff ward off such people?
Hello Hunam

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2012, 02:46:22 am »

Evidently not. We're the same, in a way. WAITwaitwait...don't lynch me yet. Instead of attracting the stupid, DF attracts the psychopaths! So really, we have Minecraft to thank for drawing the idiots away from us.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2012, 02:49:24 am »

We're shielded by the terrible GUI, if you ask me. MC is more user friendly.
Hello Hunam

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2012, 03:04:17 am »

Yeahnope. Posting nasty comments at 4 am is not something I want to be doing. Even if they deserve it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2012, 03:34:35 am »

Reading more, the DDoS guys attack any server with more than 20 players, especially in their home country, Brazil. So, the host your own server thing might makes a clannish thing where people barely smart enough to set up a server get to feel all powerful from having "underlings" playing on your server.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2012, 03:50:10 am »

I'd believe that if DF players could ever shut up about of they're smarter than everybody else or how it takes intelligence to play it.
Love, scriver~

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2012, 03:55:35 am »

I have noticed a higher level of inteligence in these forums in comparison to other forums I have visited
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2012, 03:59:15 am »

I have noticed a higher level of inteligence in these forums in comparison to other forums I have visited

the average intelligence yes, but really pretty much every forum has about the same number of intelligent people.
the problem is that the more people there are the smaller that group becomes by comparison.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2012, 04:04:31 am »

Yeah I mentioned that in responce to the why are there so many stupids in the minecraft community comment. Still I have enjoyed lurking these forums for the past year or so xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »

Of course. That's the only reason DF players are almost always smarter than MC players. If Toady added a proper GUI, we would be similarly noob-rushed.

EDIT: To clarify, DF does not make you smarter. It just requires more intelligence in the first place to understand it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:57:37 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2012, 01:00:11 pm »

I would say more dedication then intelligence... but yea, the int stat does help in learning the ropes before your tolerance empties out...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2012, 01:17:14 pm »

I think the ratio of on-topic stupid people quotes to off-topic discussion is currently somewhere around 1:10   >:(

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2012, 01:18:24 pm »

the average intelligence yes, but really pretty much every forum has about the same number of intelligent people.
the problem is that the more people there are the smaller that group becomes by comparison.
There is only one intelligent person on the internet. All intelligent people on the internet is that one guy.

I believe it is scientifically proven that Africans have, on average, a center of gravity higher than Caucasians. This means that they are better sprinters by nature. On the flip side however, the higher center of gravity means that Africans are not as naturally good at swimming. This is why you see Africans dominating the track, but you don't see them at all in Olympic swimming events. 
the swimming thing is from bone density. It's actually been scientifically proven that Africans or those of African descent are better at running, but for the life of me, I can't remember why.
Three quick reasons:
  • Environment: Africa is quite a few hundred meters above sea level. Averaging around roughly 500 meters. This means the air around it is thinner, further meaning there's less oxygen. This means you need to develop bigger lungs here, and being at altitude helps this. This is why some Athletes go altitude training - on mountains and such before major events;
  • Genetics: Old hunter gatherers helped make a great runner's gene pool. For example there was one hunting practice where hunters would literally run down prey until they died from exhaustion or overheated to catch a good meal;
  • Cultural: For especially poor areas in Africa, being a sportsman is a low expense job (you need pretty much just run) with potentially great reward, so there's a lot of motivation to produce quality runners.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:01 pm »

There is only one intelligent person on the internet. All intelligent people on the internet is that one guy.
Shh! Don't tell everyone that we're both the same person!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2012, 03:16:45 pm »

One guy with very, very, very bad Multiple Personality Disorder.

Also, "Who the hell is KGB?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:19:12 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 510