Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1035556 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3090 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »

And thankfully, on this moon, assassination of morons is not only legal, but encouraged.

Mmmmmmmmm~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 03, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »

It'd probably more amusing to pit them against the local wildlife. With no gear.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 04, 2012, 12:16:50 am »

It'd probably more amusing to pit them against the local wildlife. With no gear.
"I'm SORRY WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS DAMN NATURE. SHOO. DIE RAT-THINGS *SQUASH* BETTER. ANYWAY WAIT A MINUTE, I NEED TO TAKE A PISS."
*Pisses all over natural world. Even on Descan's shoes.*
"WHOOOPS. SORRY PAL"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 04, 2012, 12:18:05 am »

* Descan engages in that sweet, sweet murder. Mmmm, mm. Just like momma used to make.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 04, 2012, 12:19:27 am »

"I'm SORRY WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS DAMN NATURE. SHOO. DIE RAT-THINGS *SQUASH* BETTER. ANYWAY WAIT A MINUTE, I NEED TO TAKE A PISS."
*Pisses all over natural world. Even on Descan's shoes.*
"WHOOOPS. SORRY PAL"

And then of course, the rat-things turn out to be the juvenile form of a very large, very angry predator. Mama Ratbear doesn't like how you treated her kids...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 04, 2012, 12:25:19 am »

*Rises from the dead*
"BOY THIS IS STILL A SHITHOLE EVEN FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE. THE SKELETONS THERE ARE MORE TALKATIVE, LOL."
"OMG IS THIS STILL GOING ON? WHEN ARE THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS?"

THE TOURIST TROLL, STRIKES AGAIN, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 04, 2012, 09:37:25 am »

Kid on the school training ship I was on in college got crabs from a hooker in port and asked how to get rid of them.  I told him turpentine and a razor. 

He asked how that worked. 

I, annoyed at his inability to grasp the obvious, sarcastically told him to shave off half his pubes, pour the turpentine on the other half, light it on fire, and then squish the little buggers when they ran out onto the shaved half to escape the fire.

He said thanks and ran off.  I heard the next day that a couple of the guys in his hold had to stop the idiot from lighting his dick on fire later that night. 

The worst part is, as far as I know that kid's a deck officer on a ship somewhere right now.  /facepalm
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:24 am »

Shame, he was so close to getting a Darwin award...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »

"I still not sure how many oughts are in million."
I heard this in the bus today by a 16-18 year-old girl.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 04, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »

I think you'd have to have a pretty perfect ratio of star size, moon size, distance the moon is from the planet, and distance the planet is from the sun. I really doubt it's common.

This has always baffled me. Why do people assume that alien life would need to conform to the same standards as Earth life? Fucking waterbears could survive on Mercury, Pluto, Uranus, Venus, or any other planet in our system, why can't an alien lifeform evolve outside this ridiculous 'Goldilocks' zone that everyone believes in? And ALSO, why do scientists assume that alien life would need water? I'm sure these are good starting points or whatever, but alien life will almost certainly NOT follow evolutionary lines from Earth.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 04, 2012, 01:24:48 pm »

"I still not sure how many oughts are in million."
I heard this in the bus today by a 16-18 year-old girl.
I have no idea how many oughts are in a million!

What's an ought?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 04, 2012, 01:26:37 pm »

1000000/0 is undefined, I'm afraid.

The amount of oughts in a million is undefined, so of course she wouldn't know.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 04, 2012, 01:28:41 pm »

Wrong. The amount of oughts in a million is zero. You write "million" with an o, not a 0.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 04, 2012, 01:34:11 pm »

I think you'd have to have a pretty perfect ratio of star size, moon size, distance the moon is from the planet, and distance the planet is from the sun. I really doubt it's common.

This has always baffled me. Why do people assume that alien life would need to conform to the same standards as Earth life? Fucking waterbears could survive on Mercury, Pluto, Uranus, Venus, or any other planet in our system, why can't an alien lifeform evolve outside this ridiculous 'Goldilocks' zone that everyone believes in? And ALSO, why do scientists assume that alien life would need water? I'm sure these are good starting points or whatever, but alien life will almost certainly NOT follow evolutionary lines from Earth.

Well, so far the only life we've found has evolved on planet Earth, so we're obviously going to assume that life has to evolve within this exact set of conditions, or something fairly close. I guess that you could call it evolutionary bias or something like that.

Oh, and water has a lot of highly useful and important characteristics that makes it highly important for life. It's polar, which allows for the formation of cell walls out of lipids, and it's also a very tiny molecule, allowing for fun things osmosis. I'm sure that I'm missing a lot more critical uses for water in cell formation, but it's been a while since biology. Now I'm not saying that alien life can't develop without water, but it's biology is going to be exotic as hell if it does.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 04, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »

Also, if we had strange alien live, there's a good chance that we would't be able recognize it. It's easy to look for something that you've already seen, and of which you know that it works.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 510