Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034816 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1995 on: October 10, 2012, 11:40:48 am »

The US political system would also benefit from limited campaigning. It's almost like the politicians around here never do anything, because they're always too busy campaigning.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 10, 2012, 11:46:49 am »

Two party isn't the problem, winner-take-all is.

If a party representing 5% of the people could get 5% of the seats in congress, without those people all having to live in the same state...
As I said, first past the post is a terrible system, and causes the 2 party system.

((yes, I realize America doesn't use a first past the post system, but it's comparable enough))

The US political system would also benefit from limited campaigning. It's almost like the politicians around here never do anything, because they're always too busy campaigning.
I'm pretty sure that what's campaigning in America, would be seen as serious corruption in other states.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 10, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

Funnily enough I saw that as an advantage of being the opposition to a sitting president. Hes got all that running the US stuff to worry about while you can go about promising the moon on a stick to everyone.
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »

Funnily enough I saw that as an advantage of being the opposition to a sitting president. Hes got all that running the US stuff to worry about while you can go about promising the moon on a stick to everyone.
True, but a sitting candidate has all sorts of free, job-related public events he has to go to where there will be reporters and he can use those as impromptu campaign events. Hell, the State of the Union address is essentially an annual re-election pitch.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »

Hey, CCPgrey released ANOTHER video concerning american political systems just now.

I conclude from this that the entire American voting system is fucked up majorly.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:21:14 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 10, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »

Top story tonight: American electoral system is a steaming pile of faeces.

More breaking news: Bears are Catholic, the Pope shits in the woods.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 10, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »

Both are amusing images, I'll admit :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only Blood God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »

My brothers girlfriend asked me "Who's Stephen Hawking?" I facepalmed hard that day.
This is my signature. Notice how it is all clean and bloodless? Well a sacrifice of Men Women or Space Marines will help me put blood on this signature,
-Khrone 2013.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 10, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »

At 0:36 in that video, there's a creeper senator in the back.

Also yeah, this is stupid, and probably won't change since Americans love to try to hearken back to a past they don't have and this takes them back to the "GOOD OLD DAYS" of... a few centuries ago.

Democracy: It's the worst system of government except for all the others that have been tried.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 10, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »

Everything was better back when it was worse.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2005 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »

My brothers girlfriend asked me "Who's Stephen Hawking?" I facepalmed hard that day.
You should roll with it. Say he was some famous general or something, who conquered all of Greece and lost it to the Chinese.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 10, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

You should roll with it. Say he was some famous general or something, who conquered all of Greece and lost it to the Chinese.
The dirty capitalist Chinese.

But then Greece was freed by the revolution thrown by the uber badass, JFK, who was in turn assassinated by Hitler, who would go on to conquer Germany and create the Holocaust.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »

Stephen Hawking: American General that conquered all of Greece and lost it to the Chinese general Arthur Wellesley.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »

The dirty capitalist Chinese.

But then Greece was freed by the revolution thrown by the uber badass, JFK, who was in turn assassinated by Hitler, who would go on to conquer Germany and create the Holocaust.
But you know, Hitler wasn't all bad. He did kill Hitler.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2009 on: October 10, 2012, 07:26:01 pm »

"If you turn to page 98, you'll learn about the fall of the 3rd Reich at the hands of Darth Vader."
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 510