Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034604 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1530 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:49 pm »

To have grey skin take large amounts of colloidal silver overtime and expose youself to the sun or a sunbed.

To be a troll read comments on youtube, news sites and join 4chan they will scholl you in the ways of being a derp and looking good, well as good as you can be with argyia.

the world is full with many fucked up and culturally damaged people, this is normal.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:38 am »

I did specify contracting, rather than spreading.  I like to think that people have a right to do whatever they like with/to their own body, so long as it doesn't prevent others from doing the same.  Besides, we live in a world where resources are becoming increasingly scarce.  Having a few less people burning up said resources isn't a bad thing, especially when they're the cause of their own death.  It's like smoking tobacco in my eyes.  Very stupid, but who the fuck am I (or you) to say that something that doesn't harm a third party is immoral?

As for otherkin, I don't get it at all.  Truth be told, I can't wrap my head around transgender folk either.  I'm absolutely fine with both though.  There are a lot of people who are very different to me, and that's pretty awesome IMO.

Live and let live, or die.  Whatever.   So long as it's all above board and consensual, I see no reason to judge.

And que Hans jumping in with, "But what about drugs?" :P They hurt only me and no one else, yet I'm being punished for them. Obviously, some publically elect lawmakers have decided not hurting others just isn't enough. What kind of lines should be set?
Philosophy!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 30, 2012, 12:46:24 am »

Whoa, wait a minute. Didn't you make a thread specifically for that derail?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 30, 2012, 12:47:48 am »

I think it died. I can dredge it up, but I'm pretty sure I was the last post and then there was no interest after that. I'm not going to beat a dead horse in one spot. Gotta move it around a bit.

BTW, we're playing post tag.
You're it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 30, 2012, 12:56:13 am »

The last time I played tag, it was incredibly embarrassing. I'm not sure whether or not I should elaborate.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 30, 2012, 12:59:29 am »

The last time I played tag, four people died and they were all Basterds. :P
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 30, 2012, 01:02:04 am »

Well, that certainly puts my "12 year old MZ with budding sexuality and hatred for mankind in a wrestling locker room" story to shame. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 30, 2012, 01:04:05 am »

Hurrhurr, I meant the movie my avatar is from. ;)
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 30, 2012, 01:05:11 am »

I know. I have seen it. (Odd, considering I'm not a huge movie person. Or a Tarantino fan.)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 30, 2012, 02:01:29 am »

I did specify contracting, rather than spreading.  I like to think that people have a right to do whatever they like with/to their own body, so long as it doesn't prevent others from doing the same.
Is any influence on other people unacceptable? It's possible for there to be a situation with a nonzero probability where it would influence other people negatively, so if you take a zero tolerance policy you can't condone that. If you don't take a zero tolerance policy, where do you draw the line?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 30, 2012, 03:21:16 am »

I did specify contracting, rather than spreading.  I like to think that people have a right to do whatever they like with/to their own body, so long as it doesn't prevent others from doing the same.  Besides, we live in a world where resources are becoming increasingly scarce.  Having a few less people burning up said resources isn't a bad thing, especially when they're the cause of their own death.  It's like smoking tobacco in my eyes.  Very stupid, but who the fuck am I (or you) to say that something that doesn't harm a third party is immoral?

As for otherkin, I don't get it at all.  Truth be told, I can't wrap my head around transgender folk either.  I'm absolutely fine with both though.  There are a lot of people who are very different to me, and that's pretty awesome IMO.

Live and let live, or die.  Whatever.   So long as it's all above board and consensual, I see no reason to judge.
I what they want to do effects only them I am cool with it.
If they want to smoke/get HIV on purpose I am not, because it costs the government a lot of money and screws everyone else up assuming they live anywhere where their is any degree of socialized medicine or governmental care for the elderly (eg. America, most of Europe and the other first world nations).

Actually apparently smoking saves society money by killing off people faster even though they spend a lot of money combating the effect of it.
I suppose that means that smoking is totally fine then (excluding the fact that it smells terrible and is annoying).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 30, 2012, 10:44:22 am »

Well... Smoking isn't such a great example of this, because secondhand smoke does cause serious damage to those around a smoker. Now, the smoker may be killing himself off faster, but not being harmful to other people was a criterium in this discussion.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 30, 2012, 10:57:55 am »

Yeah. Speaking as someone who grew up in a household with a heavy smoker, secondhand smoke can really mess with your life.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30:36 am »

Yeah. Speaking as someone who grew up in a household with a heavy smoker, secondhand smoke can really mess with your life.
The same. Especially when your mom ridicules you for having trouble breathing because she thinks that a window open one inch is enough to let all the smoke and ashes out with plenty of fresh air besides.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 30, 2012, 12:40:48 pm »

oh god,

i have a child hood memory where i threw my moms smokes out.

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 510