Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034051 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1110 on: August 27, 2012, 12:21:55 pm »

I reckon a forum would be- waiiiiiiit a minute...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:38 am »

I has a FB and it is awesome. It means I get to exchange information with friends, without having to actually, you know, talk to them. That's also why I like not having a phone.

Being hipster happens. It's like being a clock that stands still, you're 100% correct at least twice a day (which results in me being "hip" twice every decade or so).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:03 am »

Also, FB is great for sharing articles news and what not.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 28, 2012, 01:34:59 pm »

I have a Facebook and a Twitter! :P Granted, I haven't used the latter in years, and I only log onto Facebook very occasionally, make snarky comments on anything of (dis)interest in my Newsfeed and then leave.

E: Also, on topic, do things I catch myself thinking count? Because earlier I was playing Wii table tennis, half-asleep, and thought(this was probably part of some train of thought which I can't really remember): "I might be straight, but I can understand lesbians, at least. Women are so much more attractive than males, after all."

A moment later I thought, "Hang on, that doesn't really... Make sense. Huh." I'm just glad I don't voice this kind of sleep-deprived derp out loud. :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:41:52 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »

Not sure if I mentioned this one, but there was a person that aclled my (white) friend The N-word.

which makes no sense in any way, shape or form. especially since he was saying it in an insulting way :-\
I got that once in a while in high school, mostly from my black friends. I think the only logical response is, "LOLwut?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 28, 2012, 02:32:39 pm »

I get that occasionally in the deep places of the internet, but I can never tell if it's meant ironically somehow, or that it's just a generic insult to them, or if it's a (negative) comparison, or if they legitimately think I'm black (and that it's bad).

So yeah, wtf.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:26 pm »

My dearest uncle had the following to say to a cousin of mine:

"I'm older than you. I can say whatever I want. Little boys like you should keep your opinions to yourselves."

Said cousin is two years older than me and I'm in my mid-20s. The response was regarding a conversation about my uncle's bullshit opinions about treating other humans as second-class citizens.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 28, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »

Did you laugh at him like he'd just said something terribly idiotic? Because he did, and he deserves it. (As well as, possibly, my other SOP.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1118 on: August 28, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »

My dearest uncle had the following to say to a cousin of mine:

"I'm older than you. I can say whatever I want. Little boys like you should keep your opinions to yourselves."

Said cousin is two years older than me and I'm in my mid-20s. The response was regarding a conversation about my uncle's bullshit opinions about treating other humans as second-class citizens.
You should tell him that there's a reason for the phenomena aptly titled "the Drunken Uncle."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 29, 2012, 12:30:02 am »

From a random internet debate:
Not trying to be informative, just stating my opinion.. There is a difference if you had any intelligence
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:28 am »

Not trying to be informative, just stating my opinion.. There is a difference if you had any intelligence

... The derp... It is strong in this one.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:36 am »

Not trying to say anything of value, just being a dick... There is a difference if you had any intelligence
Ah, the truth has been revealed!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 29, 2012, 11:41:39 am »

That one might need some context to determine if it's really stupid. If the guy was saying "I think X movie sucks because of Y", then, yeah, they're stating an opinion and not being informative. If they're saying "I think Blah is wrong because of [random fact that may or may not be true]" then that's not an opinion and the person is being dumb.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 29, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »

It was about a video game patch, so yeah, it'd be in the first category.

Opinions are pretty worthless without reasons to back them up. I can scream to the sky that X sucks, but without explaining why I'm just wasting my breath, no matter who hears me.

So at best, they're just wasting people's bandwidth then firing off personal attacks when people disagree. That'd still qualify for this thread, imo :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1124 on: August 29, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »

So I'm on the youtubes doing youtubes things, when I look deeply into the comments section.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love it :D
(Oddly enough No said quite possibly the smartest thing there).
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 510