Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1011781 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 05:42:30 pm »

But science and math were made by humans...

My brain hurts.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »

So he's denying pretty much all of philosophy and logic? That's a new one.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »

@RedKing: Oh great, now I'm going to have to read through that entire collection of 'Funny Tech Support Calls'. Hehehe, these are great.

I can't think of any stupid quotes right now. :-\ That's probably because I rarely leave my house. It's probably also why I rarely leave my house, but that's an altogether seperate matter. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »

I've worked 15 years in technical support. I've forgotten more stupid questions/comments than most of you could ever dream of.
That said, one of the recurrent ones that makes me want to pull a Lewis Black-style rant every time I hear it is some variant of this:

"I don't understand how it could be broken. It was working fine yesterday!"
NO FUCKING SHIT. That's kind of the definition of broken: i.e. it used to work, and now it doesn't. Welcome to the principle of entropy, bitches!

1:write a book make loads of money, people like to read how stupid other people are. Even if its about themselves.

2: "You moved the wire", "Dont hit it there", "That paper in the corner was important!" Yes it was, its also broken and it will be still broken even with "complicated or stupid" botch making it work. Seen it heard it, fixed it, tossed it in bin.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 08:09:47 pm »

Possibly the most rageworthy that I've heard, "Computer people don't deserve to be paid to do computer work. I mean, it's something they enjoy, right?" Try that with your mechanic, gardener, or daycare host and see how that flies. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

It flies precisely like you will if they're in a bad enough mood and catch you -- bloody and into the ground. Which is to say not so much flying as a sort of crippled falling motion that completely fails to miss the dirt and may or may not still have all limbs attached.

I believe the technical onomatopoeia for it is "Punk'd"  -- with an apostrophe. S'the actual sound it makes, even.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:16:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 08:16:37 pm »

Possibly the most rageworthy that I've heard, "Computer people don't deserve to be paid to do computer work. I mean, it's something they enjoy, right?" Try that with your mechanic, gardener, or daycare host and see how that flies. :P
That's just depressing. Hating your job is not just expected, but necessary to deserve a paycheck? We get paid for suffering? And people are advocating it?

What kind of hellish world have we made for ourselves?
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:50 pm »

I can't think of any stupid quotes right now. :-\ That's probably because I rarely leave my house. It's probably also why I rarely leave my house, but that's an altogether seperate matter. :P
I can't think of any because I suck at remembering sometimes, but I am keeping track of this thread because I'm sure I can encounter them easily from one particular family member of mine. ...Or two. It's because of this that I rarely leave my room, rather than house. Then again, that's also a separate issue in my case.

...I planned that sentence conveying a better message in my head. Lemme try again:

Because computer work is super-easy and anyone can do it, even those who find zero interest in it. The only reason they don't hire kids in elementary school (when your classes on C++ and building computers is still fresh in their minds) to do it is because they're minors and can't work or... something.

Yeah, that's better.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »

No, no, the thought process is that, "You get paid for work. Work is not a thing you enjoy. Ergo, if you're enjoying what you're doing, it's A. Not Work. and subsequently B. Not to Receive Pay."

Actually, I think by that line of thought, technically, since you pay for things to enjoy -- remember, if it doesn't have a price tag it has no value and can't be enjoyable! -- you should be paying them for giving you things to fix. Consumerism, ahahaha!

E: It's a backwards sort of thing. You're not supposed to enjoy things you don't pay for, so if you're not paying for it, it can't be enjoyable. Thusly, if you're being paid for it, it can't be enjoyable -- you haven't paid. To enjoy something that has no price tag or, even worse, you get paid for is a perversion of the system!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:26:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2012, 08:26:13 pm »

If that ever actually comes up, I'll pay someone with a facepunch. Possibly two. Then, I'll have to pay them for that, because I'll certainly enjoy it.

I'd be happy to become a vicious cycle.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »

To enjoy something that has no price tag or, even worse, you get paid for is a perversion of the system!

DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM! :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »

To enjoy something that has no price tag or, even worse, you get paid for is a perversion of the system!
Apparently, I'm an expert at perverting systems.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »

Friend's "friend": "What does your dad do for a living?"
Me: "He's a plumber"
Friend's "friend": "Is your dad Mario?"
'ere the Chias get hungry...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

I chuckled. Your friend's friend sounds like a cool dude.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:38 pm »

I just took too much time reading the notalwaysright and humortown links...

Hilarious...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 510