Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78082 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)
« Reply #915 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:50 pm »

I can do Sunday this week- let me know about any RP-significant moments and I'll retro-write accordingly.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 07, 2012, 11:09:16 pm »

Nah, with the exception of Yoink's goblin we're all pretty vanilla race-wise.
I mean have a race like that on hand for my use... Ah well, I'm doubting ToB gets approved anyway, but one can hope.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »

Hm... Well, Barb, how about the Bo9S, Crusader in particular?

Also, does anybody happen to have a pigman, boarman, or similar race? I feel that, in playing a Crusader, my character will be a large ham.

You win an internet if said ham turns out to be an over-the-top, wannabe human hero with a heap of exaggerated cheesy lines. :P

Edit: Somehow, I don't think this will help race-wise... :-\

Maybe this? It's from the same wiki someone gave me goblin stats from.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:25:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 08, 2012, 12:03:53 am »

Hm... Well, Barb, how about the Bo9S, Crusader in particular?

Also, does anybody happen to have a pigman, boarman, or similar race? I feel that, in playing a Crusader, my character will be a large ham.

Hows this look? I just started slapping it together, using some quick rules I found on-line. I added some RP stuff because I was in the mood to write. You can ignore it if you want. :P

+2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence
Humanoid (Boarman)
Medium: As Medium creatures, Boarmen have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
A Boarmans base land speed is 20 feet. However, they can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
Lowlight Vision
+1 Natural Armor Bonus
+2 racial bonus on Balance and Survival Checks
+1 racial Fortitude save bonus
Ferocity (Ex): A Boarman is such a tenacious combatant that it can continue to fight without penalty even while disabled or dying.
Boar Empathy (Ex): A Boarman can communicate with boars and dire boars using Boartounge, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against boars and dire boars.
Automatic Language: Common, Boartounge
Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Orcish, Giant
Favored Class: Fighter
Level Adjustment: +0.

Strong and secretive, Boarmen are an uncommon sight in civilized lands. Typically, they reside in old growth forests. tending the giant briar-mazes which make up their homes. The twisted, spiky thorns don't bother them, but they do form a natural and psychological hedge against others races-a good a sign as any to potential intruders of their want for solitude. They are naturally hardy, but are burdened with a difficulty understanding abstract concepts-frequently, they prefer to go through a problem rather than around, reasoning that it must have been put there to test them, and they'll only be stronger for the ordeal.

A typical Boarman is about 4 feet tall and 200 pounds-coarse fur (Varying colors from black to grey), and a thick hide covers their entire bodies, which are powerfully built and sturdy, much like Dwarves. Two long tusks often adorn their faces, but these are too small to be used in combat (usually), instead being utilized as tools-for harvesting treebark, or digging for food.

Their sense of smell and taste is quite excellent-they are, in fact, very picky eaters, able to discern the flavors and textures of food on a level far beyond the Ken of most Humanoids-many of them are quite skilled chefs. Boarmen also make excellent trackers and hunters-though, they often prefer to forage for roots and mushrooms, their favored food.

Occasionally, a Boarman will feel the call for adventure, and head out of the safety of the Briars to seek civilization-this sort of thinking is generally accepted, if with a sort of hopeful fatalism-Boarman families typically hold somewhat joyful funerals for departing loved ones before they leave, and ready a cairn of stones for them-but until the family member in question returns, or is known to have perished, the stones remain unstacked-with the hope they may, one day, come home.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:08:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:30 am »

Personally, I'm not familiar enough with the book yet to recommend using any martial adept classes. Scelly gets the final say, of course, but it's kind of in the same grey area as psionics. I've used it before and gotten a general idea of how it works, but I don't know it a tenth as well as standard magic and combat.

I'll look into it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 08, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »

Did anyone want me to bring up the b86 server, or is someone capable of hosting this on b87?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

@Tar: Putnam has been mentioning he can do it-or needs help to-but it's getting close enough to game time I think you should just go ahead and bring it up yourself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 08, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »

Right, bringing the server up.

EDIT: Server is up, IP is 124.169.165.91 if it happens to delist.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 08, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »

Hm... I guess if you need a healer, I'll play a buffbot human cleric and save the interesting things for another time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:05 pm »

@Red: Honestly, play what you'll have the most fun with. Don't let us guilt you into a role you won't enjoy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 08, 2012, 01:44:38 pm »

No, that's not it. I feel like the Crusader fills a filled niche (bad) and does it better than anybody else (makes bad worse). Cleric fills an unfilled niche (good) and does it better than anybody else (makes good better). Plus, I'm sure I can find a way to enjoy it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:53 pm »

Where is Scelly, the world wonders

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 08, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »

Hm... I know it can be broken, but if all I do is buff and heal, and I don't try to cheese extra turn attempts, can I use DMM?

Requests:
Divine Metamagic (Complete Divine)
Persist Spell (Complete Arcane)
Chain Spell (Complete Arcane)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:49:31 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 08, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »

Sorry for missing it but something came up, and I'm not going to be here tomorrow either because I'm working Till about 3-4 hours after we start.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:20 pm »

Scelly didn't show up so you missed nothing. Aside from chatter and dirty jokes, that is.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74