Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78317 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2012, 02:27:08 pm »

Well, I revise my estimate- depending on homework load and type, I could do weekday games, though it might be late afternoons. (start by 6:00 PM EST, I mean.) It would be hard, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2012, 02:42:30 pm »

Also, I can't this saturday due to band camp.

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

Attending this saturday, diz iz my sheet: (No idea how many wealth I have, still have to write background etc.)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=431190

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »

weekdays are complex to time for me, seeing as how I have four free hours commonly (without counting anything extra, or füd) I will only be able to normally play on weekends.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »

Could we please have ONLY the people who do not feel that they can frequently make the Saturday 6 P.M. G.M.T. session(Is that with daylight-savings?) post their availability? If(I am not yet certain that this is feasible.) I were to host a game it would probably start at around midnight to 4 A.M. G.M.T. but other folk may have their own availability so you should publish any regular times that you are comfortable with...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2012, 07:24:34 pm »

Could we please have ONLY the people who do not feel that they can frequently make the Saturday 6 P.M. G.M.T. session(Is that with daylight-savings?) post their availability? If(I am not yet certain that this is feasible.) I were to host a game it would probably start at around midnight to 4 A.M. G.M.T. but other folk may have their own availability so you should publish any regular times that you are comfortable with...

5am - 11am any day and 10pm - 12 pm on Tuesday - Saturday,
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »

(Is that with daylight-savings?)
Daylight saving is not applied to GMT.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:22:12 pm by anzki4 »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »

I could do games on the weekdays/nights too, I believe.

We'll also have two games running soonish, though. Speaking of which, what are you up to, Hanslanda?

Trying to get my scheduale under control. :/ Everything has been a lot more hectic than I intended lately. Been waking up at six, doing stuff til noon, then working til ten at night. I might be able to work out getting off a bit earlier on Sundays, but Saturdays are non negotiable workdays. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:29 am »

(Is that with daylight-savings?)
Daylight saving is not applied to GMT.

I think it basically makes your timezone -1 extra, but I could be wrong.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 06, 2012, 08:48:24 am »

In my experience, daylight savings will find a way to cause trouble even if nobody involved is using it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2012, 11:04:04 am »

For simplicity's sake, just use for example this time zone converter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2012, 01:21:53 pm »

That means I'm only five hours behind GMT/UTC, not counting Daylight savings time. Which I won't, cuz it is dumb.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 07, 2012, 11:53:54 am »

Would it be okay if I changed some attributes around? Upon playtesting, as I believe Dwarmin pointed out, it kind of became apparent that I needed a bit higher Strength to have my attacks be more than damageless pin pricks.

For simplicity's sake, just use for example this time zone converter.

Totally favourie'd. Just hope I can remember it in the future ^^
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »

@Scriver: You've got 31 points anyway, when you're supposed to have 28. :P So you have to change it.

I suggest...

Str=12        
Dex=18           
Con=12
Int=12           
Wis=8           
Cha=8

Don't bother with uneven stats, btw-you don't get anything special from having 17 DEX, IMO

WIS and CHA are nice, but no need for a Rogue-dump them, if you like. INT is great, but Rogues already get a ton of Skill points-that's secondary importance, but you can raise this if you like, depending on how skillmonkey you want your character to. STR and CON obviously important, but not too much.

DEX is your most important skill, as a Rogue.  It boosts your most useful skills-hiding, tumbling, picking locks-and since Rogues usually use light weapons to go two-handed, it'll go with Weapon Finesse-and it boosts your AC, which can never be high enough. It'll make you a nice archer in a pinch, once you get a longbow.

Though I stressed you need *Some* Strength, and you surely do, most of your damage will come from backstabbing, which means just hitting them in the right place, not necessarily hitting hard. So get that Dex up, retrain Nimble Fingers to Weapon Finesse ASAP-next level, when your BaB lets you qualify-and find feats that boost your To-hit and mobility. Buddy up and make friends with people during sessions who will help you set up your sneak attacks-like me. :P

You might even consider going into the Two Weapon Fighting tree soon, for double SA goodness. But that will lower your hit chance even more, so that's certainly a trade off.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2012, 12:51:28 pm »

@Scriver: You've got 31 points anyway, when you're supposed to have 28. :P So you have to change it.

I'm a halfling, so I get a +2 DEX and -2 STR. My base-before-race attributes are

Str=11
Dex=15
Con=12
Int=15
Wis=13
Cha=8

I suggest...

Str=12        
Dex=18           
Con=12
Int=12           
Wis=8           
Cha=8

Don't bother with uneven stats, btw-you don't get anything special from having 17 DEX, IMO

WIS and CHA are nice, but no need for a Rogue-dump them, if you like. INT is great, but Rogues already get a ton of Skill points-that's secondary importance, but you can raise this if you like, depending on how skillmonkey you want your character to. STR and CON obviously important, but not too much.

DEX is your most important skill, as a Rogue.  It boosts your most useful skills-hiding, tumbling, picking locks-and since Rogues usually use light weapons to go two-handed, it'll go with Weapon Finesse-and it boosts your AC, which can never be high enough. It'll make you a nice archer in a pinch, once you get a longbow.

Though I stressed you need *Some* Strength, and you surely do, most of your damage will come from backstabbing, which means just hitting them in the right place, not necessarily hitting hard. So get that Dex up, retrain Nimble Fingers to Weapon Finesse ASAP-next level, when your BaB lets you qualify-and find feats that boost your To-hit and mobility. Buddy up and make friends with people during sessions who will help you set up your sneak attacks-like me. :P

You might even consider going into the Two Weapon Fighting tree soon, for double SA goodness. But that will lower your hit chance even more, so that's certainly a trade off.

Having an uneven stat gets you to the next wortwhile upon lvl 4, and makes the point buy cheaper ^^

Personally, if I were to re-attribute myself, I'd go with:

Str=14       
Dex=16           
Con=12
Int=15           
Wis=8           
Cha=8

(Strength will go down to 12 and Dexterity up to 18 after the race changes)

Also, INT is definitely the most important stat. There are so many skills, and I need all of them. ALL OF THEM.

Though I get what "retraining" does, what does it mean mechanic-wise and does in cost me anything? Wait, these are one of those things I can use that site for, hopefully *looks up*
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74