Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78154 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Recruiting!)
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2012, 04:12:01 am »

Everyone is remembering to use the maximum of their hit die for level one, right? If your hit die is d4 (like a wizard), you get 4. If it's d12 (like a barbarian) you get 12. Then add your constitution modifier to that.

EDIT: Your stats look fine.

This doesn't make sense to me.
From my understanding, when you level up you roll a die equal to what your hit die is (d6 for me, so I would roll a six-sided die), and add your result plus your constitution modifier (the plus/minus) to your maximum HP. However, at level 1 you have the maximum your hit dice can provide plus your constitution modifier (7 for me, 6 + 1).

where does it list my hit die?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2012, 04:16:41 am »

Everyone is remembering to use the maximum of their hit die for level one, right? If your hit die is d4 (like a wizard), you get 4. If it's d12 (like a barbarian) you get 12. Then add your constitution modifier to that.

From my understanding, when you level up you roll a die equal to what your hit die is (d6 for me, so I would roll a six-sided die), and add your result plus your constitution modifier (the plus/minus) to your maximum HP. However, at level 1 you have the maximum your hit dice can provide plus your constitution modifier (7 for me, 6 + 1).

Check the page for your class here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:39 am »

Okay, so, still reading through the thread as I do my sheet, but are we able to purchase masterwork +1 gear or whatever it is called in character generation?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2012, 04:24:22 am »

Check the page for your class here.

KK, my hp was correct.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2012, 04:37:25 am »

Here is my current character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=429113

I think I did everything correctly, although the character is boring as heck. I'll wait til I know a bit more about the setting and fill in the blanks a little... Maybe. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2012, 04:53:05 am »

I was looking through the SRD...turns out that they have a stats page for owls, and it's a shocker. Tetra has +14 to listen and a whopping +17 to silent movement. What's more, she has a better AC than I do :P

Sadly, it also doesn't look like she can level, but that's fine. I'm not planning on using her for combat purposes anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2012, 06:02:07 am »

I have sheet! I ended up doing a sour halfling after all. With a beard! That's important. And a tomb raider. She mainly worships the minor deity/saint PLACEHOLDER, who I have yet to come up with a decent name to, patron of Final Resting Places, Burials, and Protection From Spirits/Ghost/Undead. Her "worship" mainly consists of carrying around amulets, herbs and other things that's supposed to protect you according to folklore, and doing folklory rituals and scribbling "holy symbols" all over the burial sites and other such places she breaks into. Because protection is good!

Now, to the questions!

1, Where do I see how much a mule can pull (Is it the same as for characters, just based on STR?)?
1½, Relatedly, how much can I put in a cart (or a wagon)?
2, What would be the cost of a woodaxe/handaxe (the tool, not the weapon), or a hatchet?
3, What about pipes and tobacco (or whatever weed they smoke here)? I need pipes and smoking grass!
Love, scriver~

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:19 am »

I--- oh. Waitlist. D:

Alright, i'd best make a character then.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2012, 06:10:50 am »

God proposal:
Seficent Magniven: The Chaotic Neutral god of chewing gum and kicking hats, whose clerics are on a thus unsuccessful but entertainingly violent quest to discover a form of gum that can be chewed without causing significant harm. They also kick hats, but not wide-brimmed hats, those are holy...

Domains: Air, Chaos, Gun, Luck, Trickery.
Gun domain:
 Granted power: Proficiency with firearms An uncanny ability to point sticks at people.
 Spells:
  1: Flint Fingers
  2: Faerie Fire
  3: Phantom Steed
  4: Sending
  5: Atonement
  6: Find the Path
  7: Regenerate
  8: Spell immunity, Greater
  9: Foresight

Flint Fingers:
Evocation [Electricity]
Level:    Sor/Wiz 0, Gun 1
Components:    V, S
Casting Time:    1 standard action
Range:    Personal
Effect:    Electric discharges(up to 5)
Duration:    5 rounds
Saving Throw:    None
Spell Resistance:    Yes

One of your hands becomes charged with energy. The next 5 times that you touch something with this hand it will deal 1d2 electricity damage. Damage from this spell will ignite readily flammable substances as a flint and steel would.

From a realm, distant beyond reckoning, This being came upon the land and Lived a life travelling and settling disputes with its strange weapons. Its bizarre mannerisms and alien inventory accrued a number of devoted followers that spent their lives emulating their patron after its violent demise. The lifestyle proved popular and in time formed a large cult which, it is suspected with some help from the events that brought it here, managed to elevate their idol to godhood. The cult has since waned in popularity and the deity itself rarely involves itself in divine affairs, but a few loyal clerics still wander the world, spreading the faith...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:18:06 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:06 am »

All I have left to do is come up with a name for my monk.

I am terrible at this, and have spent the last hour or so trying and failing to think of a possible name that doesn't sound terrible.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:29 am »

@Scriver - It looks like you used point buy of 31. Other than that, it looks fine. (If you reduce dexterity to 16, it'll take you down to point buy 28 and you'll keep all of your bonuses the same.

@Yoink - Your sheet looks fine. You can purchase masterwork gear if you can afford it.

@Reudh - Sorry bro, but it's hard to squeeze so many people into this. Luckily, first one the waitlist means you have a pretty good shot at making it in.

@RAM - It's probably not a good idea to be creating new spells in a newbie campaign, though the domain is a nice touch. (The effects could be replicated with either burning hands or, arguably, five castings of prestidigitation.  :P Also Electric Jolt, if it weren't from Magic of Faerun, does the exact same thing with 1d3 electric damage.)

@Urist Imiknorris - Seventh Sanctum has a list of decent generators. This one (from Rinkworks) is the best.

I'll start trying to connect sheets and names on the signup list.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

So where can I check starting wealth?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:34 am »

Going through the sheets, it would appear that Scriver's dwarf is ludicrously short. For reference, dwarves are medium sized, just like humans. (Though on the shorter end, their bulk makes up for it.) Female dwarves tend to be between 3'9" and 4'3". Their weights tend to be between 112 and 196 pounds. I don't generally mind players taking liberties with such stats instead of rolling for them, but staying in the same size class is preferable as being so small will actually change your mechanical abilities. (Smaller creatures have more AC, are worse at grappling, are easier to carry when unconscious, etc.)

Your current stats would make you a waif of a bearded gnome.

@Ninja Anzki4 - In your class entry in the PHB. It doesn't list it for some reason on the SRD. If you don't have that, just tell me your class and I'll look it up.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

Finished going through the sheets, and realized I hadn't added Doomblade187 yet, so RAM and Reudh got shifted down, being the most recent applicants.

If you don't have a sheet listed, either link it to me or remind me that you have done so. For those without sheets, I'd like confirmation within the next couple days whether you intend to make one or not. (Schedules are tight during the weekdays, so giving a couple days for character generation seems fair.)

@Scelly9 and Hanslanda - When do you think you'll be ready for a session?

@Everyone else -

Sunday 0:00 through 3:00 (which happens to be Saturday 16:00-19:00 for me in GMT -8) is a popular time.

As are Sundays 20:00-22:00 (Sunday 12:00-14:00 in GMT -8).

Fridays 19:00-24:00 are also popular, being 11:00-16:00 in GMT -8.

A surprising number of people want Wednesday or Tuesday sessions.

So, which shall it be? I picked from the groupings that had 6 or more as peaks. The DMs get veto powers, obviously.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2012, 11:20:07 am »

@Ninja Anzki4 - In your class entry in the PHB. It doesn't list it for some reason on the SRD. If you don't have that, just tell me your class and I'll look it up.
The class is ranger.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74