Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Combined Arms  (Read 5079 times)

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combined Arms
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 04:43:00 am »

So I can give everyone a crossbow and a helm but that not include the on job miners? What can I do to get armored miners rather than pick-armed soldiers?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:14 am »

Nothing I believe, disable all hauling jobs on them, they just wont cooperate and you dont want them outside.  They are glass cannons, a legendary miner can kill a titan for you.  But if its gonna happen its kinda gotta be a 1-shot.  Unless this issue has been fixed recently then i dont think it works at all.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 07:06:07 am »

Can a Miner use the same pick in mining and in !!mining!! ? I heard some sayings about equipment conflict.
If you assign a specific pick - the pick the Dwarf uses to mine in its military uniform, there will be no conflict.

However most don't bother with this micro-manage and just make more picks so the Dwarves have military and civilian picks to use.

Well if you draft him while he still has the mining labour active then I seem to remember he turns up with his mining pick but wont wear any armor since thats not in the mining uniform.

Wrong kind of uniform you're talking about :P

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 09:04:26 am »

Actually, he's right sort of. The mining unit seems to be blank except for a Pick. So you have to remove the job and that uniform to allow it to have another.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:51 am »

Actually, he's right sort of. The mining unit seems to be blank except for a Pick. So you have to remove the job and that uniform to allow it to have another.
Unless they're on duty. Once they're on duty they pick everything up. It's when they're off duty and set to be uniformed then that they start getting confused. For military miners I just keep them off duty until they're needed, at which they pick up their high-grade military picks. If you want them armoured to fight you'll have to wait for them to pick all the armour up, which is why I don't include it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]